Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 mxz 800 w/192 pics. I blew a hole in the track on the last trip last year. I've ordered a como 9854 1.25in to replace the stock one. whats the easiest way to replace this track? Also, as far as putting studs back in i'm thinking of going with 144 down the middle. Im affraid of putting studs on the outside windows againand blow the track again. I did get 2,800mi on the last track.  All of you have been a great help in the past.    thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think there is only one way to change a track and that is by dropping your suspension and then removing the driveshaft and drivers.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
670HO is bang on.  You have to remove your muffler.  Then drain chaincase and remove, including bearing.  Then remove secondary clutch and remove bearing. Then remove driveshaft.Loosen bolts in side of tunnel, back off track tension and drop suspension and remove track.  Make sure not to damage bearings, even better replace bearings as they are not exspensive.  note: can be replaced with better low friction high speed bearings, just match the numbers
 we have replaced idler wheel bearings with heavy duty bearings designed for industrial lathes.  They have a load rating of 20,000 lbs and a speed rating of over 600MPH.  They might be able to take the abuse the GADE dishes out this winter

·
Registered
310 Posts
i just got done taking my track off and switching it w/ my new predator 9818 1.25".

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
permafrost  are you sure you want to put bearings on your suspension that are only rated for 600mph?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts