Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a '72 Chaparral Thunderbird for sale near mint condition. Anybody know anything about them? Good runners etc.? I talked to the guy on the phone he said the usual - Just rebuilt the engine, put on a new track, starts on three pulls, etc. He only wants $350 for it. What do you guys think? ???

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sounds a little high if I were buying it. What kind of engine is in it, hirth, ccw, Chaparral? I have had quite a few chaps but am down too one 72 firebird 440 right now. If the track is new you are o.k. as the 18" tracks are a little difficult to come by.I would say if you want it buy it. I just sold a 72 firebird ss with a 650 hirth in it for $350.00 and it was in very ggod to excellent shape. I also sold a couple 340 firebirds last year for $200.00 each, and they were also in good shape. Kevin

·
Registered
278 Posts
Kevins right.   If the sled is in very good shape go for it.  As with any vintage sled the comestics are some of the hardest thing to find and costly.  If it looks good and runs and you like it, get it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
TnTsforme I see your from MI. Where about? I live just outside of Detroit in Northville. I do have an old gem of a ski-doo a few of them actually. Right now I have an 87 skandic 377r, an 80 elan and a 77 everest 340. I think the everest will be gone next week, I am trading it for an old motorcycle. The other two are at my mom's in the U.P. the skandic is up there for my Mom, and her B/F to use the elan he gave to me to get running and sell but it is still up there as I only had room for one on my truck. Kevin

72 chap
72 bolens
73 moto-ski
2-75 suzuki fury's
95 arctic cat cougar
98 kitty kat (daughters)
99zrt600

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I bought the sled! Thanx for your guys input. It is a '72 Chaparral Thunderbird 400cc. It has a new track, new seat, new belt, & a rebuilt motor. She starts on the first pull and runs great. She is a sweet ride now all I need is snow. Still none here and only a little in the forcast. How the hell does Georgia get snow before Illinois ??!! :angry:  Is Mother Nature punishing me? This sucks! Oh well I guess I will just continue to tear up the lawn!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts