Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention users:

Effective immediately, the SW Chat System will be disabled until further notice, due to lack of use.

The chat system was disabled before reading some of the newer posts on the forums about chatting. To be fair, we will consider enabling it again if users come up with a game plan for its use.

If not, the chat system will not return until the start of the 2002-2003 winter season, if at all.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I support that decision.  If it is only costing money and no one is using it, there's no sense in having the service.
It probably should be reinstated, though, when the online numbers rise in fall/winter.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
It is a great feature, as long as there are people using it. I have enjoyed meating the other users on the forum and getting info from them. We are in the off-season, but like many of the other users, there really is no off-season. Just time to get your projects done.

I am sure that it has been eliminated to provide room on the server that might be better used.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (800MXZ @ June 03, 2002, 4:34pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am sure that it has been eliminated to provide room on the server that might be better used.[/b][/quote]
From what I understand the server is only running at someting like 20% capacity or less, so there is more than enough room.
Is there allot of members that don't have some form of instant messenger?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Corey I've put a poll up in an attemt to set up 1 specific day a week in which to meet. It is the off season, and perhaps closer to winter we can expand the chat meetings to 2 or more days a week.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I think things WILL pick up when the guys that have ordered sleds start to get them & the leaves start changing colour.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
If I hadn't forgotten the AC adapter for my laptop,  

I might have made it 8

Maybe the moderators can ask in the fall if we are interested in the Chat feature in a poll & go from there.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I think in the fall there will be more users for the chat. Although not a day goes by in this house without talking of sleds. We probobly talk about sleds at least an hour a day.

Boy I sure miss winter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts