Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recomend a cheap source for drive belts online? Also, are some brands better than others? Thanks

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Can anybody recomend a cheap source for drive belts online? Also, are some brands better than others? Thanks[/b]

I got 2 o.e.m. belts for the Safari off of e-bay for 20 bucks shipped....

·
Registered
980 Posts
When it comes to belts, I believe you get what you pay for.
I always use A/C belts in my cats and found that $40-55.00 is typical.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Don't go cheap, you won't save yourself any money...Especially if you have a high horsepower sled...Buy OEM and they will last longer, I have found that the cheap ones blow apart faster and create more damage....Just my opinion ...

·
Registered
852 Posts
for the past 10 years i`ve been trail riding and racing gates extreme belts. there available through napa and some carquest stores. all and all i`ve been real happy with them.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Polaris offered me 3 types of belts: the OEM belt that came with the 900 Fusion (the exact same belt that's on the 500). One above that, and then one above that one again. After getting 1,761 miles out of the original belt, I figured it was worth the shot. If I can get almost one year out of the belt rated for a 100 hp machine, to get one rated higher than that (my machine can hit 140-150hp) I should get double that (or at least 3,000 miles out of it). Of course I broke the adjustor bolt... but it was under warranty so I just picked up a new adjustor bolt and replaced the old one with one that won't break as easily. Now I carry extra tools though (the tools that come with the sled do not have the ability to adjust your clutch; go figure).

I guess you get what you pay for, but this is the first time I've replaced a belt. Time will soon tell if I bought the right one :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts