Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92hp on RX-1!!!!
SuperTorquer on 10/14/2002 10:54:00 AM

Last Wednesday we hit 92hp at the track on the RX-1 at the dyno at Redline performance up in Cadillac. Dyno charts will soon be posted on the website SuperTorquer.com.

This thing will rip!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
That's very impressive for a stock sled (it is still stock isn't it ?) with clutching changes that will be running in the 700 triple class. My second summer with my 1997 Mach 1, when setting it up for stock 700, 500' grass drags, I pulled 79 h.p. to the track with clutching, jetting, and gearing changes, as compared to the same sled, all stock which pulled 69 h.p. I also have a buddy with a '98 FIII 800 with porting, Jaws pipes, V-Force reeds and clutching, which pulled 94 h.p. to the track.
Hope this helps for comparisons !
I'm impressed with the RX1 !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those are awsome numbers mighty, i remember stock xcr800s when supertorquer did there heelclickers on that sled came up with 83 hp. something like that xc800sp around 80 or so cause i still have my clutch setup w/my p-85 primary w/ heelclickers in it,it fits on rx1 crank and belt looks close to,just need to find out the off set,and make sure i can still pull it off w/ polaris puller i have,not sure about the crank end of the rx1 threads etc. lining up to a polaris puller or not?
It might just be my secret weapon, he he. Good work mighty,by the way no rx1s ran at epping yesterday,that sucked,but woodys rx1 semi mod looked sweet. :hallo2:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
That's pretty dang good for the sled as a whole. But, that includes so many variables. I want to know about the engine itself. What are the torque numbers off the crank?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I remember right, my 99 machZ dynoed 81 at the track bone stock.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just to give you an idea of what can do what...my friends 00 SRX was showing 80 at the track and my other buddies millenium Mach Z was 81. Those are some pretty spectacular numbers you got there...I hope they are accurate because boy would that be sweet.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
mighty,
you'll never get people to change their minds with force so forget it and just wait for the rubber to meet snow.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a question though. Why haven't I seen any ( or people seen) the RX-1 at the grass drags ??? . I heard the firecats could get out of there own way. :0:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The RX-1 was stock motor with SRX clickers with 3.3 in the tip and 3.3 in the middle with the stock helix.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Did it happen to have an asphalt track, that would be hugely different than stock, as they contact Way better on a track dyno. :blahblah:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Mustardman, were you trying to say the F7 could not get out of its own way? Check out the Grass Drag Races from this past weekend at Hastings Michigan. F7 Red Lighted in Stock 700 and took 4th. Won 7oo Multi, 800 Single, 800 Multi, and 1000 Stock. Sounds to me like the others need to get out of its way!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
this was from another grass drag. I'm just telling you from what other's saw at the grass drags in NH. :D F7's are sweet lookin though ( i would buy won) yellow and black of course.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You said it Paul. just wasting air.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Mighty stop with this pointless posting about the RX-1. We will all see soon enough what this sled can do.

IMO if the sled made 10hp more then the MachZ and weight the same they wouldnt have been beaten at Haydays and other grass events where 600s are beating them.

IMO your HP numbers are off just like your weight numbers were off when you told me that I was nuts to think it weight more then 600lb. You were claiming somewhere in the 580s.

When you get your RX-1 and put it on a dyno then come here and post your dyno chart and ill belive you.

Till then like the others say, your just wasting air... :hallo8:

·
Registered
242 Posts
i WAS AT HAYdays and wausa all i saw was the RX1 getting the crap kicked out of it, I don't post often but I am getting sick of reading how great the rx1 is, if it makes so much power at the track where it is most important why is it getting beat????????? :blahblah:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Probably because it doesn't have the low-end torque that a 2-stroke has. Also it probably takes longer to turn up to decent rpm because it's a huge 4stroke engine.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I have a feeling the rx1 will really excel in XC racing or LeMans, where the rpms remain consistently high.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hook up boys, hook up!

Even the neh sayers on other sites are reporting that it's getting beat out of the hole but catching up really quick. Remember, this is a whooping 500 feet. I don't know about you guys, but I race a hellava lot longer stretchs than that.

Even with my old MachZ I would get creamed out of the hole because I couldn't get it to hook worth a damn.

Machzzzz1, I'm not here saying anything about what the performance of the RX-1 will be. I'm simply reporting what I have read and know to be fact. So take it for what it's worth, but with that kinda track HP you know it will perform. Another reason for not getting out of the hole is belt slippage. You should see my belt right now after having fun in my back yard :D It's great if you like the smell of burning rubber.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts