Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Theres a guy in old forge that did the same thing to his pick up. He grooms the rail road tracks from big moos station to beaver river... makes it easier for me to fly hahaha

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i would hate to have that thing stuckin the middle of no where!! :0: My xlt is good enough for me.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
That's actually an easy conversion - bolt on. I was considering a set of those for the Samurai at one time. Big $$$ though :hallo5:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I work at AM General (the people who make Hummers and Humvees) you should see some of the protype humvee we have for serious artic marine mobilization. Can't give pics, but they are fair better and more serious than that thing

·
Registered
959 Posts
awww please we wont tell anyone but yeah that thing goes anywhere with just tires ill own one someday.. but they make conversions kits for 4wheelers to sleds too put a ball hitch in and the tracks runn off the back 2 wheels and the skis on the front it costs like 3 grand though and only works if you can turn off your 4x4 still cool though

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
My brother was just telling me yesterday he knows a guy with a 4wheeler with those things on it and another guy that has a jeep with the conversion. There's companies that produce these kits aftermarket.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I cant remember the company, but there is someone out there that makes kits like that for just about any full size truck model. they had some pretty cool videos on their website of the tracks in action, too.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
They're called Mattracks. All you do is look up your truck/van/suv on their website and you can buy a set to fit your vehicle. They're also boasting ATV tracks. :thumbsup:

mattracks

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
They cant be 20 g's can they... I know that they arent very difficult to convert back and forth

·
Registered
299 Posts
I lied, they are not 20 grand... they are 22 grand :p I had to double check and make sure that they were not including the truck in the price :D

And that is for your 1/2 ton P/U. If you want them for your superduty, they go on up to 29 grand.... I think they take trade ins on first born male children though.

please insert arm and leg :hallo5:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Originally posted by Wolfman@Oct 14 2002, 11:41 PM
They're called Mattracks. All you do is look up your truck/van/suv on their website and you can buy a set to fit your vehicle. They're also boasting ATV tracks. :thumbsup:

mattracks
....and they only cost $4500 USD for a set of four track modules for your ATV. That's insane.

Mattracks has some serious competition on the way

:sly:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Originally posted by Wolfman@Oct 14 2002, 11:41 PM

mattracks
Did you see the videos on that site!
http://www.mattracks.com/html/video_clips.htm

For that $$, I'd buy another rig for wheelin'

1 - 20 of 23 Posts