Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Oh my when Machzzzz1 see's what yu wrote! Oh what a debate this is going to cause.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Mighty I didnt know you were such an expert in Sled design.  Infact i think that the REV is one of the neatest looking sleds ever made.  Just because it doesnt look like the old school, old fashon RX1 doesnt mean that its ugly.

Ugly is the Skandic LT not the REV.  Good looking is the Mach Z, Extream is the ZX.

Anyway it doesnt matter, because on anything other then a lake the RX-1 will not see the front of a Rev anyway.  After driving it i realised that the REV handles like no other.  

And it may look like a jetski but thats only because it will probably do well on the water unlike the RX-1(ton) which will just sink.  And buy the way its a SEADOO.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Like I have said elsewhere, Haydays and Hasting are just around the corner.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did I say it wouldn't perform?  No, I said that it was UGLY!!!!!!!!

As a kid, my buddy had an AMC Pacer, ugly as #### but we sure did do alot of fun things in that car because of its width..........Ugly things do have their place.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really not trying to start anything here, but I stood there with his service manager, parts manager and the mechanic setting it up and we ALL agreed that it was ugly. As a matter of fact, it was the service manager that said and I quote: "It's a shame a sled that handles as well as this thing is so damned ugly"

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Each to their own some will like it some wont, im not going to say its totally ugly but its not my favorite looking sled either, mabey after i ride it and really look at it sitting on snow it might grow on me.
and the rx1 wont win any beauty pagents either because it looks like somthing from star wars.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you seen the RX-1 in person?  They are arriving at dealers as I type.  Go look at one for yourself, I garauntee you'll change your tune.  This is my first Yamaha and I am very impressed with the whole package.  

Hey machzzzz1, I lifted the front and rear and it is definately lighter than your beloved machZ

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm going to Nelson's SnoMotion next weekend and they'll probably have everything they can get their hands on there. I heard they now sell all four brands! I'll try to get a look and sit on them all and tell you what I think.
I can't wait! Snocross races on Real SNOW in Aug!! Plus a snow show, swap meet, and grass drags.
As far as looks go, I like the REV the best of the F'cat, rev, and rx-1.
Just my .02

·
Registered
191 Posts
I agree with Machzz... that REV is looking SUHWEET!  It had to grow on me when I first seen it.  When you start looking real closely at it, you realize how well its been designed and manufactured and how its form follows function and you start to love it.  None of the other sleds are so unique as they still all follow a traditional sled design and some people just don't like things to be different.  To each his own.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will ride one someday if that is my only choice (if all the manufacturers copy it).  I dare say most people agree with me, Doo's sold 20% less this year than last because they can't stomach the looks.  I know some of you will say it was weather related but how come Yamaha sold 20% more RX-1's than they expected?  These figures were told to me by my dealer that sells all 4 brands.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
THe front end of the RX-1 is only lighter then a Mach if you got a Block and Tackle helping you lift it.  Besides all the weight is in the middle.

The REv is the ultimate design,  It reminds me of the stealth fighter,  Its not built for looks its built for performance.  

And for yamahas sales to go up 20% all they got to do is sell 10 more sleds then last year.  

Doo still makes the MXZ ZX and Mach and all other models nothing was replaced,  So i would assume that the 20%drop is snow related,  A ton of people bought 2002 sleds and barly got 2000km on them if that.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
And no Mighty is not my brother.  My only brother is Snowmoking and hes not been online for awhile.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I was thinking if I got near the 8,000 mile mark on my sled I would have ordered a new one. As it is I've got 6,500 so I'm keeping the '01 for another season.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The REv is the ultimate design,  It reminds me of the stealth fighter,  Its not built for looks its built for performance.  

Wrong, the stealth is a slug.  It isn't built for performance, it's built to not be seen on radar.

machzzzz1, if you can't lift the front a balanced (as you know see) RX-1, you must be screwed trying to move a heavier MachZ

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
What i ment by the stealth fighter is that every bend in its body serves a purpose.  Its the same thing as the rev.  Every bend in its body is there becasue of trying to reduce weight and added handling.  

It is the smartest designed sled built to date.  It incorperates rider comfort and control with a sled design to take hard hits and handle like no other.

Im just BSing about the RX-1 weight.  I know its not that heavy.  610lb isnt bad for a 4 stroke
.  But i dont think it will come under the 559lb of the machz

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mighty RX-1 @ Aug. 14, 2002, 11:57pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I still think it's ugly
[/b][/quote]
I for one will say that if you looking performance and
handling, who ####### cares what it looks like as long as
it's not hot pink or something and it performs. Looks aren't
everything unless that's all your after (AKA poser). I think
they'll improve in the styling in time. IMHO SkiDoo has been
the best as far as appearence goes for a long time. Change
is a good thing most of the time but some people are just set in the ways and closed minded. Sit back and see if it
rips on the trails and then tell me how you feel about it.
Seems to be very proven on the track already.  

I personally dont find the syling appealing but if it beats
the competitors comparable sleds hands down then that's what
I want.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts