Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the topic in the doo forum about recalls has one that states ,
"On certain snowmobiles, if the throttle cable's adjustment is screwed completely down in the carburetor bracket, the end of the cable may eventually interfere with the carburetor lever mechanism. If this were to happen, the throttle cable's end could interfere with the throttle lever and, in some cases, prevent the throttle lever from returning freely to idle position. This could result in a loss of speed control causing a crash with injury or death. Correction: Dealers will adjust/bend the carburetor's lever mechanism to allow appropriate clearance." to which I posted a reply , "if that is the case I would question the dealers set-up." it was deleted . so I thought the best way to address the issue is start a topic saying why I say that , if that kind of issue made it by the dealers set-up man or whom ever, I would start looking for other issues such as pump settings or other stuff that could be safety related. all sleds, bikes, toys that have throttles ,that should be a top priority for the dealers set-up , PERIOD. there are many variable in it , snowmutt found one earlier this year, an issue that can pop up and he never knew it before. the throttle should have slack in the forward position to ensure it does not open the throttle while in a turn. if your sled is affected and it was not caught , do yourself a favor and give it a good look over. ask yourself what else could they have passed over. go back to 2000 many 700 out there were going down because of low oil. my dealer specifically held them up to make sure he had them correct after his inspection revealed they were wrong. they have a couple lines to help fool a fellow. so a call to doo was made to correct the issue and find out the proper setting. many did not and left them stranded with smoked cranks. just my .02 hope it does not get deleted before you have a chance to read it. :thumbsup:

·
10,054 Posts
first thing I do with a new sled is go over EVERYTHING,,,, it isnt that guy in the shop that is riding this thing down the trails. Its me. I dont want to end up stuck in the middle of nowhere or hurt bad because someone didnt take the time to have my sled set up right.

Good call Barry,,, wont get deleted by me,,,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts