Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a better choke cable out there for 98 on up sleds? I keep braking off the lever. The plastic slide inside the housing is busting.I have busted my 98 Mach 1, 99 Formula III, and 00 MXZ 700 in the last year.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Check to make sure you have the proper freeplay in the cable if not the choke will bottom out and you will break the plastic were the rollpin goes that holds the lever on also if this is the same design as the polaris they have a repair kit for it and it only takes 5 min to install.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
the message title had me wondering if he was using the choke lever as a brake.

·
Registered
61 Posts
maybe to many brewskies while trying to fix the choke, now it's a parts sled. Been there a time or two.  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
my sis's f111 broke the choke last year and it cost about $25 for a parts kit. or you can do what my buddy with a mach 1 did. keeps a pair of vice grips in his toolbox and just clamps on to the neck of the plastic piece while pulling the rope. a little tricky but he has already fixed his choke a coupla times and is fed up with it

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Skidoo sells a updated choke lever kit and it is supposedly harder to break.These kits are for summits but i see no reason why it won't work on yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry it took so long to get back. Bad hang over.LOL There is a kit I found for a couple of bucks. Easy fix.

P S It was the kids sled in classifieds.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That same stupid choke lever has broke on me a couple of times.  The easiest way I have found is my Doo Dealer sells a replacement parts kit to fix it.  $3.95.  Sold through Parts Unlimited.

·
Registered
394 Posts
my old 97' fIII broke a couple of times, just got to be real gental with them. my mxz has been fine so far, at least for now
cheep to fix any way!

·
Registered
25 Posts
i had one break and i know a couple of friends who broke theirs.  you cant shut the choke off by hitting the lever and letting it slam down.  when its cold and the sled has been outside so many times in the cold the plastic gets brittle and very fragile.  so be a little gentler when shutting the choke off.  dont hit it off but keep your fingers on it to shot it off.  it save from having to carry around vise-grips

1 - 14 of 14 Posts