Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
there was no conclusion page,just cartoon trees...........what oil should i use?i'm so confused....... :doh:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Meh, I think I'll stick to the same Amsoil Series 2000 Synthetic Race Oil . It's done me no harm. Good article though, keep it up!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
i hate to say this but i got nothing from this post ,Powder is right there is no final page to the post,i happen to run the skidoo xps II syn. in my sled just because if there is ever a problem,the dealer can't complain to me about an oiling problem,i've had good luck with this oil so i keep using it,but i would change if it were proven to me that there was a difference in oils. and btw Klotz is the worst stinking oil you can buy,a bunch of my riding buddies use it it stinks terrible and they have all blown up at least one sled while running the klotz :D

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
404 File Not Found Error - (You've went off the trail!)

The page that you are attempting to access does not exist. This may be due in part to the recent restructuring of the entire SnowmobileWorld.com web site to design 5, an incorrect link, or a mistyped URL.

Please visit our main home page to view updated links and menu choices.

If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact the site webmaster below. Please include the page that brought you here so that we may correct the issue.

>>> There seems to be an error as it will not load the final page. In almost all How to pick an oil Articles, seldom will they recommend a brand. Instead they recommend the qualities that you should look for in buying an Oil.

485phazer there is no need for you to run the racing amsoil as the regular will doo just fine. That is unless you are running WOT everywhere as that is what the racing series oil is designed for.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I found it to be fairly interesting,after years of running premix sleds,and dumping in whatever was handy,at a reduced ratio to keep from fouling plugs I've only had injected sleds for almost 3 years now.
When I got my first "modern" sled,a 93 Cougar the first year I faithfully used Arctic standard non-synthetic oil.
Last year,after putting on many more miles(great riding conditions)I found myself again dumping in whatever was handy at the gas station.
This year a good friend has become a Amsoil dealer so I think I will give that a try,getting a good price from a buddy always helps you know.
I guess we've come a long ways from my Dad ranting and raving about that"Damn Purple Panther ####"we used to get from Arctic Cat

·
Registered
78 Posts
HI. I GOT A QUESTION ABOUT CHANGING MY OIL TYPE IN A STOCK 97 ARTIC CAT ZR 580 NO POWER VALVE RUNNING A/C EXTREME ..STINKY.

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT TORCO ISOBUTYLENE OR SOME OTHER LOW SMOKE OILS OUT THERE

AND PHILLIPS INJEX AS STATED IN THE ARTICLE. SOUNDS LIKE THEY LIKE NON SYN FOR STOCK, NO P-VALVE MOTORS

FINALLY AMSOIL, AND DO I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT CHANGING THE SETTINGS ON THE OIL PUMP FOR ANY CHANGE BETWEEN PETROLIUM AND SYNTHETIC BASES

THANKS. JBK

·
Registered
980 Posts
You should not need to change oil pump settings for different types of oil. Some may say you can run less oil if it is sythentic, but that is at your own risk. I used to run Cat standard oil, and now I'm using Shell Advance. I had to rebuild the top end last year, due to an air leak, and found the inside of the motor nice and clean and a good film on the cylinder walls.

·
Registered
89 Posts
KLOTZ!!!!!!!!!!!! Stuff smells like candy. I love it. I will never buy and other oil for that fact. You can run it in a closed garage and your eyes dont even start to burn at all like other oil.

·
Registered
275 Posts
that oil stuff was interesting! i just switched to some shell advanced regular oil and it smells kinda funky (not in a good way) but it could just be that i got a cold also.. :slick:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I use CO-OP synthetic XLS-II, much cheaper and as good or better than manufacturers oils. or so it says. I'm happy with it and havent had any problems. And you cant beat the price.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Originally posted by Darryn Duncan@May 27 2005, 11:38 AM
I use CO-OP synthetic XLS-II, much cheaper and as good or better than manufacturers oils. or so it says. I'm happy with it and havent had any problems. And you cant beat the price.
[snapback]421558[/snapback]​
What are you paying for it ? It's like $9 and change per lt at my local CO-OP. Seems really pricey considering I can purchase AMSOIL for a hell of a lot less.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are only about 3 oil refineries in the world, yes there are additives, but all the oils you are getting from the dealer, are made by someone else, if you ask me oil is oil, you may think you are doing yourself a favour using high end synthetic(yes i understand if you have a high performance sled) but for the cost of pistons these days a 50$ gallon of oil isnt worth it, thats my opinion

1 - 17 of 17 Posts