Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions about cleaning and care of chrome and colored chrome windshields. Does anyone know:

1) What is the best way to safely clean the windshield without scratching the surface of either of the green/chrome or chrome? Should they be cared for differently?

2) Can the windshields be waxed with a soft/non-abrasive cloth without leaving fine scratches on the finish?

3) If surface scratches are visible (like finger that were rubbed on the surface of the windshield), can a plexiglass cleaner be used on these windshields to remove these fine scratches? If not, is there any product be used to accomplish this?

I'm sure many would appreciate some informative input on this subject since many of the 03 sleds are coming from the factory with chrome winshields and the chrome & colored chrome windshields are becoming VERY popular. Thanks.
-JPL

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
A friend of mine had one and it was a mess after a couple rides. I think they look good when new but they sure show all the scratches.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I think those chrome windshields are annoying.... i dont know how many times i have benen like blinded during the day when riding. I know this is off topic but just my 2 cents.....
     Try 3M liquid Polish on it, that will take light scratches out and leave a protective coating

1 - 3 of 3 Posts