Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night took carbs off to clean them and they were clean as a whistle but I dismantled them and sprayed them down with carb cleaner anyway. This was the first time I ever messed with flat slides. I thought it looked like it was going to be a pain but it wasn't any harder than round slides just a little more time consuming. The biggest pain was the antifreeze hose for the heated carbs coming from the bottom of the tank. They need a second shut off valve there I ended up sticking a bolt into the hose so I wouldn't drain the tank in my engine compartment. I wanted to use amsoil in my chaincase but don't know where it is sold in my area so I went the easy way and put ski-doo syn. back in. While the exhaust and airbox is out I am going to polish all the aluminum under the hood. I polished the chaincase cover when it was off. I know there is supposed to be 8 ounces in the chaincase but where is that on the dipstick? Seems like I usually over fill it and then I smell the chaincase oil when I ride. I would think ski-doo would sell 8 oz bottles instead of 12 oz so there wouldn't be no guess work involved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts