Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input on the corect way to remove and clean the power valves in a 2001 ZL 600

·
Registered
177 Posts
kszrt,,,,,,,,,,just remove the four 10mm bolts on valve housing,,,,,,,,carefully turn housing 90 degrees up ward and then remove four allen head bolts that hold the valve plate in the head,,,,,,,,,,and carefully slid out valve assy, if valve is realy dirty it will probable be a little hard to get out so carefully wiggle a litte bit,,,,,,,,,,it will come,,,,a little finase is always a good practice. clean valve assy with carb cleaner and take a rag soaked with some carb cleaner and wipe the inside of the valve bore as best as possiable,,,,,,,,,carefull not to get crud into cylinder,,,,,keep piston up in its hole to keep crud from fallin in,,,,when all is clean just reinstall using new gaskets and make sure cables are adjusted correctly :) and then ride till ya cant see straight anymore :sleeping:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just did 2001 zl 600 2 weeks ago with 3000 miles on it . When you take the 4 bolts of the cover and pull on cable it should be about 2 inches from the flange. there were 3 allen bolts holding a plate 4mm remove bolts and the valves should pull out if not. go to auto parts store and get a couple of cans of good stronge carb cleaner and soak the valves and move back an forth. you will use alot an it will take some time I mean some time. I had to remove the cylinder to get the valves out. (not fun) Make sure you put them back the same way they came out. there is to valves in each cylinder an each valve has 2 parts. good luck an take your time. the carb cleaner does a very good job cleaning ,may have to utiltly knife to help remove the carbon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts