Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys with the green belly pans use to clean that exhaust off with. Besides the stuff Cat sells. I'm looking for an alternative. Could you use Carb cleaner?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Use Fast Orange hand cleaner and a stiff scrubbing brush. Just wash it off with water. Castrol Super Clean in the purple also does an excellant job . Have used both with great success.  

·
Registered
625 Posts
Castrol Superclean here! Works great! I do my belly pan with Mothers Back to black afterwards.....keeps it looking new!

·
Registered
26 Posts
 castrol works for me . tryed spray parts cleaner on my 99 sled. It worked for about a year then the green plastic started to turn white on the surface.  Have not had any problems with Castrol super clean.
TAZ800

·
Registered
394 Posts
Have tried everything.  finally bought Artic Cat Cat Cleaner.  Spray on and wipe off works the best so far.  Costly though 10 bucks for a 10 or 12 oz bottle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use a product called Tumbler. You can pick it up at a few different automotive refinishing shops.(it is actually for stripping wax and debris from paint)   You just wipe on and wipe off, no scrubbing, have been using it for a little over a year and there is no difference is discoloration of the belly pan, seat, handlebar pad cover, or anything else. It is the best product I have found yet.
its a very good parts cleaner too(kinda expensive to wash parts with though)

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
ryrto1..nice little plug you snuck in there....cute...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts