Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has a miracle product for cleaning oil and exahaust of the colored plastic bellypans.  Arctic Cat green bellypan in paticular.  John Corneillie if you see this would you mind telling me what you used on that part of the belly pan.  I forgot to write down what you told me when I was up there.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I used BiOrange hand cleaner on my yellow mxz, had to scrub a bit but worked out great and it's all natural.

·
Registered
546 Posts
ZR500, I use WD-40 to lift the dirt and it works great to break up dirt and grease. Then i use a clean rag and armor all to make it shine for awhile.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Castrol Superclean. Works great on the yellow...my belly pan is always dirty...that's why I'm switchig to black

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
AC, Where did you get the BiOrange hand cleaner? Do you think it would be available in the Toronto area?

I used lacquer thinner on my '98 MXZ. No problems with that. I tried using the Bombardier Cleaner in the past (no good) . I think Permafrost has good luck with it though.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'll second the Castrol Supercleaner. Available at dicount auto supplies everywhere here in Mich., even Meijers. Dow bathroom cleaner with "scrubbing bubbles" has the same main ingredient, just cost more.

AL

·
Registered
858 Posts
revrnd~ You should be able to get BIOrange at Canadian tire or priceclub. It's just your basic hancleaner/degreaser.

·
Registered
79 Posts
a friend of mine used a product from meguires and it worked really good.cleans any thing and is non toxic.works real good as adegreaser also

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
spray nine for where there is no grease and degreaser where there is grease and oil.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
using acetone or solvent or laquer thinner takes the shine off the plastic...might not be something you want to do to your sled...ie hood....

·
Registered
373 Posts
I like castrol super clean but the oven cleaner idea sounds good too, they both have the same active ingredient, sodium hydroxide, or other wise known as lye, the stuff is great but use gloves and eye protection because the stuff is very caustic.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.  I have a few of those products around so I'll give them a try.  I had crashed my zr500 2000 and the front end I bought has the green bellypans on it.  I'm trying to decide between my current black and the green.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Castrol super clean works great on the belly pan. I use wd-40 on the suspension parts and the tunnel. It's a great cleaner.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have used all of the above suggested products on my yellow Ski-Doo bellypan and take this one to the bank.   Zep commercial concentrate, Industrial Purple cleaner and Degreaser from the Home Depot.   Use a spray bottle, spray it on the bellypan, you may scrub a little if you wish, but no need to.   Let it set for about 3 minutes, and hose it off, there is no other product better than this.  Piece out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts