Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I belong to my local snowmobile club.  We have different activities throughout the year.  I am just curious on what other clubs do for activities.

A

·
0 Posts
I don't belong to a club but would like to.  Maybe others that see this will offer a Michigan area club.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
My snowmobile club has drags, sno x, Organized rides, and all sorts of fund raisers like partys and such.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm not really sure?  I just joined this summer but can't wait to get involved and do my part.  I know the club I joined sponsors a winter drag, fun rides, fundraiser rides, and not sure what else.

·
Registered
959 Posts
my club has private trails for us only they arent groomed but they are nice  the go over all the club members landso we dont have to worrie about sled-haters or anything its just a small club about 50 people from the area

·
Registered
741 Posts
arcticcatzrt600, join the Lewiston fun ones. They are a fun club and have their own clubhouse. I belong to the Hale area trailblazers and our club tries to meet up with the fun ones once a year and have a little ride although I have never been on a ride I have been up to their clubhouse. My club, has an overnight ride usually to Lewiston, Gaylord, Grayling etc... About a 100 mile ride. We have hayride in Ocotber, Christmas party, Christmas tree lighting party where we go into the woods the first weekend in Dec and have a little party and bring a generator grill etc.. We are brushing trails in a few weeks, we clean up M-65 a MI highway thru MDOT. We usually have a metting the first Sat of the month. I have not been involved as much as I used to do to my club allowing no one under 21 which kind of blows.Summer partys are fun. We also can talk as a group to co. trails group, dnr etc... Kevin

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems like you all are race oreinted.  We usually have begining and end of winter parties. Plus a couple of club rides and our fund raisers.  I have tried to have us sponser radar runs or something on that order but because I am only 21 and there are a lot of older people in my club ( no stereotype intended) they really don't think too long on the younger peoples ideas.  Hopefully, that will change I am looking to become a board member soon.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The biggest function would be our grass drags, plus we have poker runs,adult and family rides,winter picnic. Start on the trails in a few weeks clearing brush...it's getting close

A

·
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sleddinfool @ Sep. 12, 2002, 9:27pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">arcticcatzrt600, join the Lewiston fun ones.[/b][/quote]
I've tried but no one can seem to get me a number for them and no one seems to know anything around town.  hmmm.  Darn downstaters. ha ha

·
Registered
756 Posts
We are hosting Rock Maple Racing this year on the 15th & 16th of march for sno cross in Piseco NY. We anticipate around 600 entrants. Hopefully 3000+ spectators, I am the race director for this event.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Annual Poker Run

where participants ride a course and pick up a card at checkpoints.  Prizes are won on your hand back at the clubhouse.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Arctic catzrt600. I will get the info you need. I will e-mail my president and ask her. Kevin

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
We run an annual poker derby, as well as club rides, christmas party, summer BBQ, corn roast! here is a pic of our clubhouse. It is about thirty miles from town, so it makes for an excellant place to ride to! Also has all the ammenities, even a furnace!! Great place for a weiner roast!!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts