Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant someone tell me what is going to be the difference in regular and the snocross weight that they sell at d&d what effect it has if you only change the weight in your set up? thanks

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I dont knowwhat the wieght difference is in D&D's kits but if you wieght up your primary it will pull down your rpm's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
SnoCross sleds rarely exceed 50-60mph so the snocross weights are designed to load the engine quickly (for hole shots and quick passing) but you will lose top end speed. :angry:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just a tip for clutching your sled. More weight is not always the answer. Your body weight plays a big role in clutching a sled. A heavier rider will want less weight in the clutch because his body weight is in a way preloading the clutch. A lighter rider can throw more weight in the clutch because they won't preload it as much as the heavier rider. A few ice draggers I know have proven this point. You can control the peak rpms with your secondary spring. usually if you use heavy primary weights you use a heavier secondary spring, If you use lighter primary weights you will use a lighter secondary spring or put less tension on the secondary spring. Thats why alot of after market kits work for some people and don't work at all for others. This is just some stuff i have picked up on and have been told by fellow racing friends. Kinda funny how most companies tell you the conditions they tested there kits in but won't tell you the riders weight when testing. Hope this info helps you alittle when clutching in the future. I know it's helped me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
iron will has a very good and true point. another thing to consider is the ramp profile and the stall dip at the base of the weight. the "heavy hitter" weights from b.m. have a large stall dip at the base of the weight, when there is enough force to roll the weight past the roller it will hit like a ton and you are gone, not very trailable but effective in a sno cross or drag condition where the hole shot is the key. d&d's are the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts