Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 xcr 600 with 6,500 miles on it. My problem is when i go to use the brake i here a clunking noise. Ive checked the chaincase, and the chain seems to be fine, and tight. Ive remove the brake pads and cleaned them and reinstalled. The clunk went a way more, but still there. any help????

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I have a 98 xcr 600 with 6,500 miles on it. My problem is when i go to use the brake i here a clunking noise. Ive checked the chaincase, and the chain seems to be fine, and tight. Ive remove the brake pads and cleaned them and reinstalled. The clunk went a way more, but still there. any help????[/b]
If it's just a single clunk as soon as you hit the brakes, they all do that as the slop is take up in the entire drive system. Is that what you are talking about?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a similar problem, ended up being the D key on the secondary clutch jack shaft that was worn. We welded up the hole on the jack shaft and then cut in a new key....problem went away and shaft is solid now :withstupid:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 98 xcr 600 with 6,500 miles on it. My problem is when i go to use the brake i here a clunking noise. Ive checked the chaincase, and the chain seems to be fine, and tight. Ive remove the brake pads and cleaned them and reinstalled. The clunk went a way more, but still there. any help????[/b]
could there be a chunk out of the drive belt,as you slow down,the belt slows down too,my mxz makes a hell of a noise with a chunk out of it,i thought it was a brake problem

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's just a single clunk as soon as you hit the brakes, they all do that as the slop is take up in the entire drive system. Is that what you are talking about?[/b]
It has never made a clunking noise, ever before. but thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a similar problem, ended up being the D key on the secondary clutch jack shaft that was worn. We welded up the hole on the jack shaft and then cut in a new key....problem went away and shaft is solid now :withstupid:[/b]

ill check it out thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts