Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to clean up the clutches? I have blasted out  a good deal of stuff with compressed air but they are still quite dirty. Brake cleaner?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to ask! Do any of you lube any part of the clutch mechanisms. I would guess that dry is better because of accumulation of dust and debris but let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I clean my clutches often, and I use acetone on the primary and secondary clutch sheaves as it evaporates quick with no residue. I blow out the inside of clutches with compressed air (wear your safety glasses). I then use Gunk super lube with teflon to clean spring loaded pucks and the surface they slide on in the primary, and also the bushings, buttons, and helix in the secondary. Wipe all those surfaces with a dry rag afterwards, everything should be dry. Also, be very careful not to get super lube on sheaves. I also put a dab of never seize on inside of helix and on jackshaft. I also wipe down my belt with rubbing alcohol (80-90%), then wipe dry. Acetone is too harsh for belts. I've been doing this for a couple of years and no problems.
Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts