Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think based on the advice given here, i might go ahead and order a clutch kit for my sled. how difficult are they to install? do i need a clutch press/puller or anything? can it be done without removing the clutches from the sled? i've never taken one apart before. is it a big can of worms i'm opening, or pretty straightforward? thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you change the spring in the drive clutch you need a puller. Snap ring pliers are needed to take the driven apart. Both clutches will have to come off. It is not very hard but be aware they both have springs inside with a lot of tension!!! It might be very helpful if you knew someone who has done this before. Also get a Polaris performance manual there is a ton of info. in it money well spent.

·
Registered
348 Posts
my suggestion would be a erlandson perf clutch kit, plus get a puller from them, it is a special puller for the 98 700. Those kit work awesome! All of our customers with the 98 pol xc 700 with the erlandson kits installed in them are completely satisfied. Any questions email our website www.cseracing.com :devil:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts