Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of clutch kit would be the best for my F7. Anyone with knowloedge about different companies clutch kits and what is the best one info would be appreciated. I was considering either a speedworks clutch kit. but i have been hearing good things about the heelclicker clutch kits too. What do you think is the best?

thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would check out hte stock tuning first. It may come set up well from the factory. Try it first and then decide what you want to change. No one has any real experience with the F7 clutching other than what is run in the Pro racing circuit which has little correlation to every day use. Try it stock, you may like it! Good Luck!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.

I was no really asking for experiance clutching on the f7... i was asking if anyone ha any experince on clutching and what compnay makes the best clutch kit? if anyone knows. tahnks a lot.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The clutch kit from D&D really woke up my 02 ZR600, inaddition to the power breather.  Probably could use a little fine tuning, but very happy with it.

A

·
0 Posts
I tried a D&D kit on my ZRT and it was worse that stock, went to a Goodwin and man, can I spank em now.

·
Registered
959 Posts
best bet would be to get a goodwin or a d&d they have the best ones i think

·
Registered
144 Posts
GOODWIN PERFORMANCE!!!!!!! I've had 3 different brands of sleds over the past few years and ran Goodwin kits in all of them. They have all been great. Greg Goodwin is one of the most knowledgeable tuners in the business. They do extensive testing on the asphalt and in the grass before they get them in the snow. They don't offer a kit until they've had a chance to put real miles on them to make sure they work well. They're super people to talk with also. They are happy to answer your questions and help as much as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been thinking about getting a clutch kit as well.  What about Speedwerx?  Anyone have one?  Are they any good?  There is quite a bit of price difference between a Goodwin Clutch kit and Speedwerx, anyone know if there is a big difference?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
So a Goodwin clutch kit would be worth putting on a 95 zrt800? I'm guessing this by your remarks ZRTsledhead and arcticzrt600. Do they have a good trail setup? Thanks guys this search works great.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
If you contact Goodwyn and ask for Greg he will give you exact details of the kit they offer for your sled. I've bought several of their kits over the years and have always been pleased with the performance gain.  Their customer service is second to none. Rick.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I looked into a speedwerx clutch kit with titanium springs and its going to cost about $620can installed not including fine tuning it for my sled. Instead of putting a kit in does anyone have a good clutch setup for a totally stock 95 zrt800?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Stock 95 ZRT @ sea level with the 95 comet/arctic clutch:
Drive:
Comet Purple spring #207888 @ $11.50
2 or 3 comet spring washers #203849 @ $7.00
weights, the 95 stock have a engagement notch stock and work real well.

Driven:
stock 57/50 helex and yellow spring
add any brand roller cover.
23/40 gear
410 MJ
This is alot of beer and 7 years ago, but it shoud be right.
Shift @ 8200, Worked good for 95's only.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a D&D clutch kit in my 00ZR600. I found that it wake my sled up, I think that it could use a little tuning though. Other than that I am happy with D&D. Don't have any experience with any other ones so I can't compare.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Surprised no one has a custom kit.  The shop that put one in my ZR machined the weights and helix themselves.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
ToyDoc, can I keep my chain or do I need to get a new one changing to those gears? Could I go to 23/39 gearing (24/39 is what I have now)?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I have a custom kit on my ZRT built by Competition Sports Equipment (a local speed shop).  He custom ground my weights, different primary spring, and added an Earlandson Helix.  No complaints.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts