Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi when my sled idles my clutch seems to be noisy would that mean it is time to rebuild 1995 indy 500.

·
Registered
476 Posts
What kind of noise? You sure it's coming from the clutch?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of noise? You sure it's coming from the clutch?[/b]
hi the noise is like a rattle if you listen on the pull rope side you dont here it if you listen on clutch side you can here a rattle like sound i dont think it is coming from the motor is it normal for a clutch to make noise if it is wore out or dirty sled seems to work good and it does not look dirty maybe wore out a little how much would it cost to have it redone. thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
Is there anything loose in the primary. Like a spider jam nut? I had that come off on mine and it started to rattle. It is a nut that will be bouncing back and forth inside the spring around the shaft.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The reason I ask is that a lot of Indys and Edges that have the standard style front sway bar will rattle at idle, and to some (like me at first) it sounds like the rattle is coming from the engine compartment. If you have that sway bar, the next time you hear the rattle at idle, put your foot on one side or the other of the sway bar, and see if that kills the rattle. If it's not that, then it's time to start looking real hard at internal parts on the clutch.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I ask is that a lot of Indys and Edges that have the standard style front sway bar will rattle at idle, and to some (like me at first) it sounds like the rattle is coming from the engine compartment. If you have that sway bar, the next time you hear the rattle at idle, put your foot on one side or the other of the sway bar, and see if that kills the rattle. If it's not that, then it's time to start looking real hard at internal parts on the clutch.[/b]
thanks a lot fellas for a fast reply i will check that sway bar and for loose bolts in clutch thanks again.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
if not-my clutch sounded like a cement mixer.the spider was rattling in the towers.had to put foot on sway bar to find it.new e-start clutch took care of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts