Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need some help on where and what to buy for my clutch. Last weekend the spider broke apart on my '99 ZR 600. Dealer want's me to buy a new clutch. Is this necessary? Can't I just buy a new spider assembly? And since I'll have the clutch apart a rebuild kit too! If so what clutch kit do you recommend and where should I buy it. Am I stuck buying the spider at the dealership? Or should I find a used one, we have a great salvage shop. Dan Hudons in Barneveld, NY. I'll bet they'll have one!

Thanks,
  Jeff

·
Registered
533 Posts
It is usually cheaper to just buy a new clutch.  By the time you get the parts and tools you need to rebuild yours, you are at the same cost (if not more) as a new one.

Browns leisure world up in canada has a truck load of clutchs.  They did have them on sale a couple weeks ago With the exchange rate to the US it should look good.

http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/

newf

·
Registered
403 Posts
Buy your clutch right from D&D. $197.00 american. It's the cheapest place to get one. Check out their website and go to surplus parts and it will list the clutch there.

www.ddracing.com

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! However I am interested in rebuilding this one because my wifes ZL is due for a clutch overhaul. I figured the cost of the tools would be offset by doing a couple clutches. Mine and my buddies '99 ZL. Besides a clutch puller, which I could borrow what other tools will I need? Is there a spider puller?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then again D & D is only about 45 minutes from me. If my dealer can't beat that price I think I'll drive up to Lowville and pick me up a brand new clutch. Thanks again hpzrt600!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. My dealer gave me a decent price on a brand new clutch and weights. Saved me from taking a trip up to Lowville. The old clutch was worn out bad and the new clutch is a little more durable so why not!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts