Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all....Its been a while since my last post, put many k's undr my track this winter, some great sled'n if you search....

My last tour had me down on top end, actually since my belt failure, it hasn't been quit the same up top. Only really shows when try'n to pull past 120-130 k's....I have  been told that i am probly dealing with dirty clutches....

I am unsure of how to remove the drive clutch and get inside it... I am very inclined, so the degree of difficulty is not a concern....I already pulled the secondary, brake cleaned through some external access holes and much belt dirt and debree came flowing out, I still intend on opening it up although I need a better horshoe clip spreader for that thick baby....

Any how,  I have removed the bolt on the primary, but the assembly does not want to slide off, do I need a puller?
Please advise on where I may get a breakdown on how to remove, inspect replace and install any of the necessary ramps, rollers, buttons and whatever I may be looking into.... My sled used to be a strong pull at 160 k, I have maybe one last chance  before the snows gone....

Thnaks,  Snows the   limit!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
you have to have a puller to get your primary off. You will also need some other clutch tools for some clutches such as spider tool, pull the snap ring off the sec. clutch and check and clean the sliders and helix, check the bushings. These can wear and get dirty from belt dust.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks, is it a regular puller, or is it a specialized one?
And for the spider tool, what and where exactly is it used?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts