Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a good set up for 01 mxzx700 stock i tried cudney kit and pipe insert and could not get it to work pulled pipe insert out and went back to stock clutching need help i know someone must have a good clutch set up for my sled thanks for any advise

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you tried the clutch kit and exhaust restricter in your sled and they didn't work for you, because we have literally 100's of these out there in 700's, then respectfully I say that you have other problems, for example how many miles on your sled, after 1500 miles most of the twin motors have more than 40% leakdown and if your sled has this then the clutching probably didn't work beacuse the motor isn't making enough power to pull it, even though you have good compression it does not reflect the state of leakdown your motor may have, also there are a lot of other variables that could cause your problem, offset and alignment, belt etc. Tell me what your sled was doing and I can help you and tell me what if anything else you have done to your sled.  --  Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cudney Racing,
   I have only 975 miles on my sled what are you talking about leakdown?  I tested your clutch and pipe insert alot and could not get it to run better than stock.  My clutches and belt are right on.  My freinds 99 HO and DND ZR720 big bore would beat me every time with your setup.  I put it back to stock and I am right next to them and sometimes in front of them.  I don't know maybe my sled could not pull your helix,would appreciate any info. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
To address the leakdown issue first, most stock Ski Doo twins have a 20% leakdown from the factory when brand new, what this reflects to is how much the rings are leaking and how much blowby the rings have it is checked with a leakdown tester made specifically to check this. When Ski Doo did the piston recall on the 01 - 800's we rebuilt quite a few of them, but we did the leakdown test on all of them before we took them apart and all of the ones we did had a least 40% leakdown and some were even close to 50% and this was all of the ones we did and it didn't seem to matter how many miles, the problem is the single ring piston, we have pistons for the 700's that have a L ring and a rail ring which when installed new have about 6% leakdown. To put things in prespective our race sleds have 2 to 3% leakdown with new pistons and rings and when they get to 6% we change at least the rings. The mxz platform clutch offset and alignment is very critical and of all the ones we have checked that were done using the Ski Doo offset tool are not correct, every brand new Ski Doo we do, which are quite a few, we have not found one that was correct. If you are using the 127 belt on the sled it is one of the biggest problems, because once it becomes warm it does not work properly and we have found that once you clutch the sled using this belt then the problem gets worse. I am not saying that your clutches are out of alignment but we have checked a lot of them which were done by the dealers here and none of them were correct, the biggest problem we find is that the center to center is off. Like I said in my previous post this clutch kit has been around since the 00 -- 700's and we have sold a lot of them and if every thing is correct with your sled it is faster than the stock setup and also the restricter which we not only have proven on the dyno to make power but on the gun and clocks it is worth about 2/10 of a second in 1000'. The biggest problem to help is that when people say it runs worse we need to know exactly how it runs worse so we can help, for example does it go to rpm and fall offf and then slowly regain rpm or does rev and not seem to go anywhere. One thing I tell my people who do a lot of testing for me is that if you come back and say the sled ran like crap I don't know how to fix crap but if you tell me what the sled did then I can fix it.  --  Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bill                                                                                      my sled would rev to 7800 8000 off the line and stay there it would pull good to 60mph then it seemed like it would quite pulling and slowly get to top speed it just didnt seem to pull hard after 60mph secondary at 18lds and was marked and was shifting out all the way thanks for any info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts