Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know if i am using the right drive and driven clutch combo. please, someone that would know about this setup. some of you have seen my kart on here with this setup and if not i am going to place a pix of the setup on here. when i got the sled it did not have the driven clutch so i bought one off someone that told me that it would work. i have been having problems with the clutch slipping and fixed the drive clutch but when i was out today after a while it started to slip and when i told a friend that rides with me to follow me and see if he could see if the clutches were working right he told me that the drive clutch was not closing all the way, that it was just closing half way and that the driven clutch seemed to not be working the way it should. he said that the belt seemed to ride up and down on the sheave or pulleys or what ever you call them and that the belt was smoking off the start. while i was riding it, i tried to look at it, and to me, it seemed that the belt or driven clutch was not opening right. i do not know what could be going on here. i just thought maybe that the drive clutch and driven clutch are not compatible ( do not belong with each other )so here is a pix of the setup and if you need the part number let me know were it is on the driven clutch and i will try to get it. thank you so much. it seems that this is the only thing that is giving me problem for this thing to run 100%. this is a rotax twin out of a 1976 ski-doo olympic

[email protected]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any help. anyone with a bit of clutch help. i know its on a kart, but its still has a bit of snowmobile heart. thanks.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I replied in the vintage forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts