Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 583 engine. I put a set of older decker pipes on it, and it only runs about 7100rpm.  It has 286 ramps and a green-blue spring.  What spring should I try or ramps or both.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
what are the clikers set at those motors like around 7700 shift rpm,how many miles on the clutches are they worn or maybe dirty?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clickers are at 6, and both clutches have been cleaned.  I need a different ramp/spring combo to adjust for the pipes, but the pipes were not made for this engine.  Anyone with pipes, what do you have in your clutches for this application?
? thanx

·
Registered
978 Posts
first thing you need to do is find out where your power band is with pipes, it will propably much higher than you expect, you will definitly have to reclutch, primary and sec.

·
Registered
978 Posts
probably the best thing you could do is pull off the decker pipes and go back to stock single pipes, those 583 never liked twin pipes allways worked better with a single pipe. There is a dealer in Ontario DnE performance, Don Emery that has great set ups for 583 rotax's. Some mild porting changing rotary valve disc, shaving the y pipe plus the clutching. P.S ignore previous post from kennnypope that was an imposter!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts