Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any particular brand to use or stay away from?? also, do the brand specific ones work better than the universal models, or doesn't it matter.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Butch800 all you need is a good pair of external snap ring pliers to re & re the snap ring, the rest is done with the hands.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I made a tool that winds down on the helix while you remove the snap ring. I'll post some pics later tonight.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just use my TRA primary tool with a "U" shaped piece of maetal with a hole in it which still allows me access to the snap ring, makes it real easy. It also works on my wifes Polaris secondary!

·
Registered
86 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BUTCH800 @ Sep. 05, 2002, 7:57pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any particular brand to use or stay away from?? also, do the brand specific ones work better than the universal models, or doesn't it matter.[/b][/quote]
If your local sled shop is a Parts Unlimited dealer,  they can get you a real slick tool for compessing your primary and secondary clutch. It's like having a second pair of hands.  
RB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts