Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings dooers
i am looking for some advice on a presason tuneup on my sled, particulalrly clutches as i have spoken to a few people about a knock/rattle at idle, & have been told it is probably my clutch.
i` like to try to perform the maintenance myself to save a few $$$, but not sure what to look for.
thanks
all
dead z

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Personally myself I would say at least once a year remove both the primary and secondary and completely disassemble them and inspect all parts for wear. I have no idea how many miles you put on per season but springs still take a set and parts still wear.
Pay attention to any bushings and check for tolerances. This is now the best time to thoroughly clean your primary and secondary as well.
I like to replace the springs at the beginning of every season if I run one set of springs all season long.
There are some great pictures on here on how to take apart the clutches. A good service manual can be helpful as well.
Lastly...don't forget a new belt.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I see you have eastern ontario on where I sled. Where abouts do you live? If it is no to much of a drive I will give you a hand. Also you can doo a search. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see you have eastern ontario on where I sled. Where abouts do you live? If it is no to much of a drive I will give you a hand. Also you can doo a search. :D[/b]
thanks , but i think i`m a little far as i`m in cornwall,1 hr west of mt;. maybe you can tell me though if my secondary should have any play in it as it moves back & forth about a quarter inch
also wondering if i have to tear down the whole clutch or if i can tell if it needs maintenance without it
thanks
d

·
Registered
795 Posts
thanks , but i think i`m a little far as i`m in cornwall,1 hr west of mt;. maybe you can tell me though if my secondary should have any play in it as it moves back & forth about a quarter inch
also wondering if i have to tear down the whole clutch or if i can tell if it needs maintenance without it
thanks
d[/b]
Myself I think clutchs should be taken apart, inspected & cleaned at the beginning of the season. If you go to the top of the page, you will see Tech Center. Move your curser to that but don't click it. Then you will see 4 topics, go to High Tech Discussion. Then you will see 4 more topics, one will be Clutching, click on that. You will see 2 topics that say Tra disassembly & Ski Doo secondary Disassembly. If you click on these it will show how to do your clutches. Hope this helps you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts