Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 Mxz 7 , with a possible problem I put a marker line on the primary & secondary and there is still a half inch of the line left on both clutches. Is this correct for this machine? If not how do I go about fixing this problem? The belt has about 500 kms on it and looks to be in good shape. I've checked alignment and belt deflection.
Thanks for the help! Great forum!

·
Registered
171 Posts
seeing as no one else is taking a stab at this...the info you list wold seem to indicate that your clutches are not shifting out all the way.  You could try gearing down a bit (say 24/43).  this may help you to get full shift and actually improve your top end.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
depending on what kind of ridding you are doing you clutches sound right to me. I always gear for about that hieght. What you should do is leave it alone because the last inch in your primary is overdrive and it is very inefficent. when you run into the overdrive your efficiency drops by about 15-20% and your not making any real power . If you were a drag racer you would gear so that your full shift was one inch down at the 660' mark. If you want to run your belt to the top of the primary than gear down one tooth on the top. When the factory builds machines they always gear them to tall(15% aprox) for saftey reasons (TO REDUCE WARRANTY CLAIMS).

·
Registered
852 Posts
Has anybody messed with them? always start by making sure that mantainence isnt needed, What type of problem were you noticing riding the sled? poor accel , no top end? If parts have been swapped in them thats a good place to look first, I can recommend some drag  race stuff that will shift them out but what excatly are you lookin for? What rpms is the motor turning also?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts