Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help w/clutching a 1992 v-max 4 that has psi quad pipes, that fancy cdi box that was made for them---can't remember the brand, and hauck head mod. I think hauck did some port work to the cylinders as well, to change timing. This is my friends sled so I don't remember everything exactly. I do know that he said it pulls well of the line to 7500 and then it just stays there. He had a heel clicker clutch kit in it and has changed clutching already a million times and it still won't go over 7500 rpm. Does anyone know how to clutch a sled with these mods? Does anyone have a good ballpark setup to try? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We would like this sled to work well this year.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Well those pipes are supposed to run some crazy high rpms (like 10,000) I would start by talking to Pat Hauck, he knows more about the "Mad Max" that anyone else. It sounds to me that if you are changing clutching and nothing is helping, there may be something going on with the engine.

·
Registered
496 Posts
someone has got to be able to help me out[/b]

First is the belt correct and in good shape ? Second is the belt to the top of the secondary. If not you can adjust it by adding washers behind the secondary on three bolts , if you take off the secondary you can see it better. This is a good time to replace the buttons and if it never been changed the spring. Also make sure the spring isnt wound to tight or it wont shift correctly.

That being said its hard to say for the primary since it has been changed alot.

Is that the primary spring that came with the heel clicker kit ? You have to run that spring it came with because the cam arms are heavier , vice versa you have to use thoses cams that are with that spring , to light will cause it engage at higher rpms but wont let it shift out.

Its hard to help because we dont know what your really working with.

·
Registered
349 Posts
his might be able to help you out!! these pipes run around 8500 on the 750 and 8800 on the 800's...I have a set of modblasters that have been cut about 1" per psi specs to run a higher RPM around 9200rpm on the 800. the only pipes I know that run 10,000rmp are hauck howlers and Bender f111 pipes built for the vmax 4.

1992-94 750 psi pipes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts