Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes:

I have two identical machines, if I clutch them both identical and take them out I cant get one of them to rev high enough.
If I swap the primary,s the problem follows that clutch to the other sled. I assumed a sagged spring so I put another one in with the same spread only thirty pounds higher on engagement and thirty pounds higher on shift out. I assumed the sled would now over rev but it didnt. The pins are the same weight as the other clutch and it has a new bushing in
the spring tower.

Any ideas fellas
?

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finding out that the pin weight was not what I thought it was answered my questions. This was on a sled I just purchased. I coulnt figure out how this sled was pulling 8000 rpm with stock clutching and a straight 54 helix instead of a 53-47.
The answer was hollow steel pins and not solid steel. It works pretty well but I think a little more weight might work better as the motor doesnt seem to be loaded that hard. I have been experimenting and it seems  to me that the HO really likes to be loaded up. Do you have any experience with HO,s KidRoker? Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Rob, the HO is one sled that I don't have a lot of experience with.  However, I know a guy that has one that runs real well, and he uses 280 ramps, 230-320 spring, 16 grams of pin weight, beige secondary on B-6, and a Black Ice Helix straight 44.  His runs really well.  I would put out a different post and ask someone on this forum for a good setup for an HO.   Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts