Snowmobile World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2001 mxz 600. I just changed the helix to a 44 degree hrp. Anybody have any suggestions to make this sled better all the way around. Everything else is pretty much stock.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yup, 200-290 primary spring, 300 ramps, white secondary spring, A-3, or A-2. Stock pin weight. Let it rock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the imput I'll get the primary and ramps ordered today. Hope to have enough snow by the later part of the week to try it out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Where will that set up help you. Low end or top end, and If it's low end will you loose top end, stay the same, or increase. My MXZ tops out fast but it has a great hole shot stock. I'm Looking for better/same holeshot but higher top speeds if possible.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This question keeps coming up about mxz6's.

I have done this to a 600 and this set up is amazing!

If your sled is a 2001 then it will already have 293x ramps. Leave them in or change them to 296x ramps. Replace your primary spring with Part number 415019400. This is a green/white 250-380 spring. Dont get it confused with the green/white 200-380 spring that is the stock one. They both are green/white but are very different from each other.
Now get a bombardier 53-47 or just a 50 degree teflon coated helix and set the side pressure at approx 19-20 lbs.

With this set up the sled will engage between 4800 and 5000 rpm's and the holeshot is wickedly strong and top end is not lost at all. In fact, I have seen faster top end speeds with this set up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Now will that set up work better than a standard goodwin clutch kit. I don't Know what the kit consist of but Everyone says there great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts