Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Looking for some insight on the use of mag arms or any clutching set-ups that will work on the 02 ski-doo 800 twin.

I've typically been able to tweek the clutches on my previous sleds to get some gains, but this 02 MXZ is not responding to anything I try. Seems like "stock" is as good as it gets on this particular sled (in terms of clutching).

I'm currently back running the stock primary setup with 17.4g pin weight. Secondary is also back to stock.

I have to admit the stock clutching is probably adequate for the tight twisties, but I'm looking to gain some acceleration for the routine grudge matches against the buds. I'm from the midwest and ride mainly groomed trails.

Anyone hot on the idea of mag arms or has anyone got any real experience with them? The concept of throwing as much weight at the primary as it will pull has always been my way of thinking, but just wanted to see what others thought.

My biggest dilema is that I sort of want the best of both worlds - I still want (need) acceptable backshift for aggressive trail riding, but also want to improve the acceleration when racing against my buds on the lakes!

How much will mag arms w/heavier pins effect my backshifting?

How much heavier of a pin can you add with the mag arms?

Any feedback, positive or negative, would be appreciated!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
if you do a search ,I think idooski posted his set-up from his 800 here.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Go with Mag. arms and lots pin weight. Ask Big John on snowwest, he really knows his ####.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts