Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some mod's on my sled and I'm over reving to 8600 rpm's.  Mod's are 501, short intake boots, MBRP can, cut y pipe.  I'm running the stock primary clutch 286 ramps, clicker in 4th position.  Secondary I have a new beige spring,  48-42 helix.  This helix is what I'm suppose to run with my Heel Clickers.  (I'm not running the Heel Clickers at this time).  Secondary spring is set at b-5 about 25lbs.  I changed my secondary to a-1 about 14lbs and my tach now reads 8000 but slowly climbs to 8200.  Better but need to lower to 7850-7900.  Should I buy bigger ramps, change helix.  I have a 53-47 and the stock helix I can try.  What should I do.

I was racing with a 2002 800zr and we are side by side.  I'm trying to find that little extra to nudge in front.  There is about 100lbs diffrence in sled,rider weight.  I weight 140lbs if that helps.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Try more pin wieght in the primary. Goodwin sells ajustabe pins for the tra. you should be running in CLICKER 3 because thats where they work the best. get you primary as heavy as you can untill it pulls you rpm down to where you want it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree.  Try clickering down first and see if that solves your problems - that is the cheapest and fastest check.  If clickering down doesn't do the trick then throw more pin weight at it.
We try to run are stuff in clicker 3 or 4.
You are from Bay City?  There is a shop around there that can get threaded pins and screws.  His prices are great.  I don't know if he has any in stock but he places orders early on Tuesdays to get them in buy either Thursday or Friday so guys can get their sleds ready for the weekend.  So if you want them by the weekend it is important to let him know on MONDAY.
The only catch is he likes money ahead of time.  This allows him to keep a very low inventory (guys not always backing out on orders) which is how he keeps his prices so low.  But for something little like pins he may not care.
He is a great guy to deal with.
Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you want to get more involved try this setup, we have used it on our 670:

200/350 primary spring
47 degree helix in A5 or B5 w/ beige spring
280 ramps
at least 16g of weight
start out in clicker 4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts