Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have an 82 citation 4500,installed new plugs properly gapped,new wires started fine for the last week.Last night i was out sled started no problem ran fine then started to act sluggish all of a sudden.So i stopped pulled the plugs and checked for spark and noticed the left cylinder had a weak spark,was hard to start but got it going could this be a coil failing on me?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Have you tried swapping spark plugs from one lead to the other to verify that the new plug is not fouled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried swapping spark plugs from one lead to the other to verify that the new plug is not fouled.[/b]
Yes i tried swapping the plugs same problem.Could it be a bad connection somewhere or something to do with the points maybe? :withstupid:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Most likely the point & condenser. Try swapping the primary wires to the coils to see if the problem migrates. That'll prove the primary circuit is intact or not and prove the secondary coils are good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help Thumbdoctor!! :D Turned out be a bad coil so since i was going to replace one i did both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts