Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:redbite:Very disappointed with Collett Electronics. Heres the story.......

Two years ago, the group of guys I ride with all threw money in and purchased the collett communicators. Well on the Platinum 900 series, they have some issues that they dont warranty with the power cord that runs from the headset, to the battery pack extension. They are $10 to replace. Which isn't an issue at all. Last saturday I ordered 4 new power cables and paid for the expedited shipping to make sure they got here in time for our last scheduled trip of the year. I called today with reciept in hand trying to get a tracking number. I figured that they would get the order monday have it in the mail tuesday and it would be here today, tomorrow at the lastest. Not the case, in fact my power cables are still in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The lady I talked to, claiming to be a Collett, i am not going to mention her first name, was not very serviceable. I told her my dilema and questioned why they haven't shipped my parts. Her story was that they were waiting for me to contact them to confirm my order, because I missed there call on monday. Not knowing that they called on monday, to confirm that I really wanted the $60 dollar order that I specifically ordered on saturday. Did they call again to confirm, or did they send the parts that my order should have confirmed, NO. So she tells me she can send them out tomorrow and they will be here on tuesday, which is no help to me, because we leave on monday. I paid the extra 30 to ship these power cords so I would have them in time. She tells me if I pay the extra 80 on top of the 30 I would get them by monday. Which is completely outrages because they are the ones who screwed up the order........ That is my story, and it is a shame because for the last two years when we are asked what communicators we wear, we tell them collett. That wont happen again. If they ask I will tell them what not to buy.

Sorry for venting, but I was very displeased with the service.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Sorry to hear about this... Have you told the collett service dept about your intentions for PR you intend to tell people? I would ! At this point they should absorb the shipping costs and get them to you asap in time for your trip....Since it's your last trip and they can't or won't get there in time, I would cancel the order completely if you don't get satisfaction with one more call.

Good Luck !

Snow4

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is an unfortunate situation. I know when I ordered my communicators, the process went very well, their customer support was good, and the units shipped even ahead of the time I was oringinally told.

I ahve NOT had to order any replacement parts or the like, and have not had any dealings with then after my inital purchase. I too, would be kinda upset given your situation.

But I will also say, that I think everyone can have an 'off-day', and it's not limited to just a vendor like them. I missed an entire trip waiting for a rear torque arm to be delivered to my service shop, when they told me they'd have it monday, and I was planning on leaving thursday. They didn't get the part until Friday. Needless to say, it didn't make sense to go without a sled. I did some venting towards both Polaris and the shop at the time, but things happen, and I got over it eventually.

On a related note, though. Last ride my wife and I took, we were NOT able to use our communicators, since we temporarily misplaced her helmet and communicator. Had to purchase a new helmet en route to the snow, and I will say that it was NOT as much fun riding without the communicators, after growing used to having them. Sounds like you may be in the same boat, having to ride without them functional.

I hope that you get taken care of better, from here on out.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Sounds like you definitely were talking to the wrong person. Not that you should have to, but I would call back and speak with a different person, another manager. Make sure you state your case as many times as you have to. What they did was not right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts