Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question.  Everyone knows that skidoo is yellow, and cat is green.  Is it correct that yamaha is blue?  And is polaris then red?  It seems that doo and cat are more associated with one color than the other two.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yamaha is BLUE and Polaris is RED.. You are correct sir.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree.  I like how the OEM's are mixing it up with the colors.  Now AC has a red sled as well.  Also, I like AC green, but when I ordered my new sled, the all green was too much, I ordered a black ZR and guess what, there's no green at all.  So I guess it's all or nothing.  I almost ordered a red F7 and planned on yellow accesories.  I thought that would look great after seeing a freinds red XCSP with yellow graphics.  That's a great looking sled.  Black always looks fast though.  I like the new Mach colors.  The flames are just enough.  Not too much or it would be overboard on the flames.  Or I like the black doos with yellow accresories.  Blue is o.k., but it's not too flashy.

·
Registered
767 Posts
All the colors look good, but I have to have yellow on my sled. I feel the best looking graphics and color combo on any sled I've ever seen is Polaris Edge X Blue and yellow. Those are really sharp looking sleds. That yellow really sets it off. I'll keep my MXZ though. The yellow is hard to keep clean, but looks nice if you doo.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The flagship sleds are usually in the trademark colors unless they are some sort of special edition.

MXZ- YELLOW
ZR- GREEN
XC- RED
YAMAHA- What is there flagship sled now? VIPER- BLUE

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Steimy @ Sep. 17, 2002, 7:53pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The flagship sleds are usually in the trademark colors unless they are some sort of special edition.

MXZ- YELLOW
ZR- GREEN
XC- RED
YAMAHA- What is there flagship sled now? VIPER- BLUE[/b][/quote]
what happen to the white and red yammies ? that used to be there color for so long

·
Registered
364 Posts
most sleds have there own designated colro ( yellow-ski doo etc)  alot of brands are coming out with alot of other colors which is good

·
Registered
664 Posts
DanR, I know what your sayin' but I'll never forget the time I walked into this all yahmaha dealer, everything was blue, The  srx, sxR, crotch rockets, dirt bikes, 4 wheelers , the clothes everything was blue man.

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (performancex @ Sep. 16, 2002, 5:41pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a question.  Everyone knows that skidoo is yellow, and cat is green.  Is it correct that yamaha is blue?  And is polaris then red?  It seems that doo and cat are more associated with one color than the other two.[/b][/quote]
Yes, that's about right.  

IMHO the red Firecat and/or the all-red 2001 MXZ's with the red bellypans are the best looking sleds out there.  That photo in all of the magazines this year showing the red Firecat getting a little sideways on a downhill jump is just beautiful.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
well i've lately been doing my sleds in the black and yellow concept
, but i have to agree with Fennsz the blue and yellow XC's look awesome.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well I personally like the 2002 two-tone black/yellow paint scheme on my mxz.  For some reason I don't like the 2003 mxz two-tone as much, the ski-doo lettering across the hood looks akward.  However I do like the orange and black summits.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I too like the fact that the manufacturers are mixing it up a little.  I'm thinking of painting blue and black flames on the front of my YELL-ow MXZ for some contrast.  I found the best stuff to clean the belly pan on my sled is a mild tire cleaner and a brush, Simple Green mixed 50-50 works well also

1 - 20 of 21 Posts