Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I bet thats where MXZ900 is right now :)

I'd buy a wheel kit for mine and buy a cheap beater track for it and ride it on the streets!

·
Registered
756 Posts
nope I'm here she's pretty dusty out in the garage. gonna get her on the dyno soon enough SWRules

·
Registered
83 Posts
haven't had a chance to get mine out yet but I copied this ,

et me first say the Rx-1 is my 1st Yamaha, I''ve always felt strong about US built Polaris, but I just had to try the R1 motor in a sled. The RX-1 has alot of proving to do but the quality of construction and fit/finish is second to none.
I also own a 2002 XC7 (best sled I''ve ever owned)which is pretty much stock except for studs, clutching and a tempflo. It would run with any 800 out there last year and its been killing me to see how it would do against the RX1. Well, we found out this mourning.. cut hayfield with a little frost on it, 3 runs, switched drivers, results the same....1st 200-300 feet XC by 3-4 sleds (RX-1 not studded yet) by 500 to 600 feet pretty much even by 1000 to 1200 feet RX1 by 6-7 sleds and still pulling..unbelievable midrange. One last rolling start back to the trailer, not even close. It''s going to be a fun year!!!! Bring on the nasty F7.

Oh well there ya go once I take mine out against my srx I'll let you all know, oh ya heres a picture of one its not mine but it looks likes it hooking up.

Last edited by Rocketman at Oct 6 2002, 03:34 PM

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
where was the photo taken hauler? & why wasn't yours partaking

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Heaqrd three rx-1's at the capac grass drags today. They are so darn quiet. Not even close to the protos or sound clip. Even when they nailed them they were not that audible. It's a very low muffled sound. And they were dogs till the end but it was over before they got going. Thaey will be good beyond 600ft though. They weren't studded either.
Caleb

·
Registered
83 Posts
Its a picture I got from the ty form, the thing has some clutching and isn't studed. As for where mine is, i just got it Tuesday and would have taken it out this weekend but rain real hard Friday and Saturday and wasn't going to mud run it today. Hopefully I can do some testing next weekend. I would like to also get a few more miiles on the jack stand for break in. I'll let you know if I make it out next weekend.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it sounds good i can wait to see somearound here . im guessin i will cause we usualy run some unaficial drags in the grass then early when the lakes freeze or a road a little radar running. i just know if a had one i would be out........hehehe. the one i was running with on asphalt did not bad. it wasnt a power house but i thoughtit was very impressive for a four stoke and im shure that it is the future of sledding.so keep them running and keep us posted. PS.ITS NOT HARD ON THE TRACKTO RUN ON GRASS.... TRY SOMETIME ITS FUN.......HEHEH :sly:

·
Registered
756 Posts
allmost done with the fall closeup, maybe then i'll have time to play.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Originally posted by Sled Dogg@Oct 6 2002, 05:42 PM
Heaqrd three rx-1's at the capac grass drags today. They are so darn quiet. Not even close to the protos or sound clip. Even when they nailed them they were not that audible. It's a very low muffled sound. And they were dogs till the end but it was over before they got going. Thaey will be good beyond 600ft though. They weren't studded either.
Caleb
The RX-1's at Capac were running close with the SRX's. I think it is fair to say that a stock RX-1 will blend in somewhere in the 700 TWIN class.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
RX-1 quiet. My neighbor has recived his blue one and its not quiet. It sounds awsome just like the bike. And we reved it up on the stand and it sounds really really loud. Just like a Dodge viper..

Plus the exhaust is pointed right out the back making it louder then sleds having the exhaust pointed at the ground.

We painted the black belly pan yamaha blue and its already to go.

This winter will be able to compaire a SRX 700 with stingers, A RX1, Mach Z and Rev 600 H0. Ill take pictures..

·
Registered
756 Posts
on the grass I may agree corey, once dialed in 660'+ I feel they will be faster than that. 500' is not the ticket for it. Once the ice comes I feel the sled will be competive in 700 triple, and possibly in 800 also. IMHO :D SWRules

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Originally posted by MXZ900@Oct 7 2002, 01:16 PM
on the grass I may agree corey, once dialed in 660'+ I feel they will be faster than that. 500' is not the ticket for it. Once the ice comes I feel the sled will be competive in 700 triple, and possibly in 800 also. IMHO :D SWRules
Agreed. 660' would make a big difference in what I saw...

and, BTW, I also thought they were pretty quiet. Sound a little like my 700 Sportsman.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
We're doin our own grass drags the first weekend of nov so i'll
let ya know how they do as one of the guys coming to it has one.
This is what we will be runnin that day to compare and we'll be doin
short and longer runs.
mxz800
machz
srx
viper with bender pipes
xcr800
xc800

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Copied this from another forum...........

HI EVERYONE, GOOD NEWS. FINALLY LINED UP WITH SOME OF THE
COMPETITION. RACED A STUDDED ZR900 IN 600 FT. RX1 NO STUDS.
CRUSHED HIM 2 SLEDS OUT OF THE HOLE AND NEVER LOOKED BACK.
HE WAS AN RX1 BASHER WHO STILL DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE ANY
CREDIT, NEITHER DO ANY OF MY DOO BUDDIES. THIS SLED GETS
FASTER EVERY TIME I TAKE IT OUT. I HAVE PROVEN THAT
THIS SLED IS THE REAL DEAL AND AM QUITE PLEASED. FOR NOW NO
MORE TESTING UNTIL THE SNOW COMES. JUST THOUGHT EVERYONE
MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW THAT THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD SO FAR.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
With that response, in comparason with what has been posted by everybody else, either the rider of the ZR900 couldn't drive, or the guy is blatantly BS'ing people. Sorry, but as much as I like the four stroke concept, a 900cc two stroke is gonna clean the slate of a 1,000 cc four stroke.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
COREY,
You were at capac? Will you be there Nov 10? And what sled was yours? And The rx-1's at Capac sure the heck couldn't even pull the skis really let alone what that pic showed. The RX-1 is for 1/4 mile runs. It barley is going at 660 even. Look what it's done on the ashphalt, it's dead even and/or beating the SRX's that have been tuned and tested for several years now.
Caleb

·
Registered
333 Posts
We were at grass drags on Sunday ,there were 2 rx1 s there, both were lowered and strapped down. One looked stock no studs, the other had a speed track with 240 studs.The later was owned and raced by a dealer that had 5 or 6 improved and prostock type sleds there.Both seemed quick out of the hole,esspecially the dealer owned unit.I would say that both would fit into the twin 700 class, but didnt quite keep up to the srx,s and 670 hos.And if the soil was just a little loose they would roost like a top fuel hydro,very responsive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts