Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have a comet clutch on my sled because I had a problem with my TRA.  Anyways I was running a 48 42 helix with the baige spring with the Heel Clicker.  I put the Comet on I'm running the 48 42 helix with the baige spring set on C4.  It seems to be running strong but I know that there has to be a better set up.  suggestions?  Thanks.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
As far as running a Comet, I know of 2 guys who have. Both have had to put in new crank bearings (harmonics). Call Matt @ MCB Performance in Capac, he had one on his 01 800 MXZX last year.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Take off the Comet or that will be the least of your problems! Ever notice the large metal disk on the outside of the TRA.  That adds mass to the crank to take care of harmonic resonations.  The comet doesn't have that mass.  Your crankshaft is on borrowed time.  Get back to the TRA quickly!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Listen to these guys, your crank bearings are screaming for help.  Get rid of that comet, and use the tra.  What problems did you have with the TRA?

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
they doo have harmonic dampeners out there to control that.but the tra is a much better clutch IMO.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
nigman, if you have about $80.00 try this.  Stock ramps, stock pin weight, Secondary, Black Ice 43-40 Helix, or Ski-doo 50-47 B-5 or 19lbs.   It will be a good improvement over stock.   Also, 27 tooth on top.  whoops, for $110.00.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The Tra is a cooler running clutch also, with a larger overdrive shift out dimension, and is less likely to need repairs, by far. It stays cleaner also

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put the Comet on because one of the Heel Clicker Arms broke in half and grenaded on me at about 7500 RMP.  The Comet is only temporary.  It's still running good now but I was very impressed with the Heel Clicker and I can't wait to get it back.  I do have the 27 tooth sprocket as well as shaved heads, dyno port pipe and boysen reeds.  I hope I can get my TRA back real soon.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Cool! I just didn't want to see you lose crank bearings because of the balancing problem.   How do you like the Heelclicker's by the way?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the Heel Clicker works very well.  When I first got it back and tried it I was not impressed.  The reason was that I had the stock Helix in it with the baige spring.  I put a 48 42 helix in and kept the baige spring and adjusted the Heel Clicker weights and it worked awsome.  I should be getting my clutch back this week, I hope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts