Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: I have a 99 vmax 700 tripple my clutch totally detonated and now am considering a comet 108 exp, mostly because I cant find a used unit and the dealer wants over 900 bucks for a new one . Has anybody run the comet and would you recomend them. Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
Never ran a comet on a yamaha . How bad is it . You can order a clutch repair kit . Its suppose to come with everything except the spring and fly weights.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
ebay or TY.com classifieds

I got a $600+ clutch for $115us on ebay last month

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never ran a comet on a yamaha . How bad is it . You can order a clutch repair kit . Its suppose to come with everything except the spring and fly weights.[/b]
There is no repair for this clutch, it blew up into 100 peices, sucked up the speedo cable some how. I was only turning about 5000 rpm I think I had ice build up in it, had it in the back of my truck during a messy storm. I was putting it up for spring made it about 20 feet and bang. Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
496 Posts
There is no repair for this clutch, it blew up into 100 peices, sucked up the speedo cable some how. I was only turning about 5000 rpm I think I had ice build up in it, had it in the back of my truck during a messy storm. I was putting it up for spring made it about 20 feet and bang. Thanks for the help though.[/b]

The primary blew up correct ? Yes the part # I gave you is the kit and the price. If they tell you diff they arnt looking in the right place . In the diagram under " alternate drive 2 "on the yamaha web sites parts diagram.

If its your primary clutch.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had the second one down from top of the line, Comet Racing clutch on my old 1989 Exciter and it made a HUGE diffrence. It felt like a whole diffrent sled with that clutch on it. I was very happy with it, I know that. :christmas:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Clutch kits can change a sleds whole life. Yamaha has very tame clutching , there set up for smooth trail riding and long belt life. One spring and some weights and BAHM ! different sled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts