Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 Polaris Indy Trail Touring (Evolved Style). 488 Fan cooled, 2 Up Seat long track,electric start and reverse

Hi Everyone,

I saw the above sled and I am thinking of buying. Would like to know comments from other owner of this sled. Many many thanks!

Harry

·
Registered
644 Posts
It's agood machine with an excellent engine - I've put more miles on those 488 fans than on anything else and think highly of them. That particular machine may be a bit hard on gas but should otherwise give good service.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i agree with november!!!!!! those seem to be a bullet proof engine,we have a 93 and we took it in to be rebuilt,we got a call from the shop and they said it was like brand new inside ne reason to rebuild it. i thought it would be a good idea as the sled had 8200 miles on it,and i don't want to be broke down somewhere when its -20 outside lol.since it was already apart we told them to carry on with it anyway.but i have seen them with 12000 miles and still running strong.so i say go for it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i agree with november!!!!!! those seem to be a bullet proof engine,we have a 93 and we took it in to be rebuilt,we got a call from the shop and they said it was like brand new inside ne reason to rebuild it. i thought it would be a good idea as the sled had 8200 miles on it,and i don't want to be broke down somewhere when its -20 outside lol.since it was already apart we told them to carry on with it anyway.but i have seen them with 12000 miles and still running strong.so i say go for it.[/b]
Thanks a lot for your comments.........happy snow trailing

·
Registered
644 Posts
I was going to do a probable re-bore on mine when I first opened it at 13,000 miles. It turned out the rings in the machines were just a couple thousandths over max tolerance on their end gaps so I just did rings, seals, gaskets.

Currently:

the engine starts and runs real well. It really should be overhauled from the crank up; I just haven't gotten to it so drive it with around 20.5K on it. Mine is a 97, the only new 488 fan I've owned.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i got a 93 indy trail, not a touring. its totally stock! turned 10,000 miles last weekend.
broke the trailing arm on the right side, it rusted out completely. changed both. engine has never been apart. had it pinned for a long time down a long straght 2 track, got about 79 mph out of it on the speedo. rides good? suspension will beat up your back a little.
your 95 might have a better suspension than mine though. a bullet proof engine!! if its cheap buy it!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Super reliable in a decent sled package for 95

the only down side is the gas mileage

They guzzle like no tomorow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts