Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
10,054 Posts
I like the idea, but until they are more widely known (colors and all) people you are passing on the trail will have no clue what they are. I know that video Mike was using one up in Canada last year, but his was the ONLY one I saw in Michigan last year.
Dont want to bash them, but at that price I think I would go to my local radio shack and spend 20$ and make my own. Wouldnt have all the fancy dials and all, but would work the same. Nothing more than a project case with some leds, a 3 position switch and a battery holder (or hardwire it).

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think that is a good idea...But it is not going to solve the problem that a lot of people think they are in the snow cross track or out on the oval when they are riding the groomed trails ...i like to let it rip too but I save it for the lakes and use a bit of common sense...Most of the sleds on the market are lighter with more horsepower, people think that they can turn corners at 90 mph, not thinking that there might be another sled coming the other way..With my other sled I had my ski run over a couple of times in the corners, I have seen a few sleds totalled when they smoked the tree...I usually have one of my kids with me on the trails and I am worried that I am going to get hit...Sure the light will help but we all need to use more common sense, slow down a bit especially if you don't know the trail.. Save the racing to the lakes, and sure you have to be careful there too at least you have a bit more reaction time........

·
Registered
728 Posts
We have been running them , and are the only ones I have seen on the trails so far.
In time it will get out there im sure.
Everywhere we stop ,people ask what they are for.
When explained , most everyone agree great idea.

Im sure when hand signals started most had no clue either, it takes time to build a base.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts