Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use helmet communicators and if so, what kind and what model.  Do they work and how far do they go> Where did you get them???

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife and I have Collett 900 communicators. They work well but take awhile to adjust to work right. We bought them from Collettcommunicators.com. There is a lot of information on there web site.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
we started using motarola hand sets with the vox,  then we use jabba head sets.( only found them at radio shack) these sets let you choose between vox  and manual.   we have used both settings and they seem to work well.

·
Registered
393 Posts
we bought the 900 colletts and wife hated them from the start . they definatly didnt work like i thought they would,if you like to cruise the trails at a slow speed they might work ok but we like fast riding and no matter how i adjusted them either my mic would come on when i wasnt talking or i couldnt hear her because of wind noise. i sold the pair of them for 200.00 and i have to admit i like riding without them. wish i wouldnt have wasted my money!

·
Registered
124 Posts
we have the collette 900's.  they work pretty well, but not what what i expected either.  we haven't had a problem with wind noise, but it is sort of hard to understand people through them.  the range is not what they advertise either... at least not in the moutains.  they are line-of-sight, ie, you cant talk through a hill with them.  havent had a chance to check them out here in the flat lands do serious lack of snow.

i was very impressed with the battery life, however.  i was expecting them to bairly make a day, but they last a day no problem.. probably even 2 days, but thats pushing it.  the weight of the communicatior on my helmet doesnt bother my neck like i thought it would.. infact, i hardly notice it there.

- Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts