Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Every year, its always "Best sled Ever" or something along those lines. With the technology nowadays they are all soo good its hard to pick a winner. Each has there perks.

I'm with you qwerty...money talks.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Soon as Polaris puts that Dragon motor in a Switchback, my money will be talking Polaris too. Oh, it'll need that rider select steering also. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
And I bet the rings last a heck of alot longer on the Polaris 600

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LoL. I do agree. It seems all the media coverage Polaris gets is paid coverage. Nothing about: Polaris wins this, or competes at that. Just a bunch of people giving reviews of a sled for a company they seem to work for. But I do like the IQ chassis. More so, I agree that each sled has a different riding style, and trying different brands might be the best way to discover your particular riding style and the sled for you. That said, the magazine does mention that Bombardier was the top sled for the last 4 years running.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Soon as Polaris puts that Dragon motor in a Switchback, my money will be talking Polaris too. Oh, it'll need that rider select steering also. :thumbsup:[/b]
ScottMc is waiting for the same thing :wink:

·
Registered
903 Posts
WHOA...Polaris beats Ski-Doo in its last year production REV. A great feat indeed.

When 08 rolls around Polaris will play catch up again.

And I really like the 07 IQ.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WHOA...Polaris beats Ski-Doo in its last year production REV. A great feat indeed.

When 08 rolls around Polaris will play catch up again.

And I really like the 07 IQ.[/b]
Last year produciton sled? I've never heard that anywhere else. I am tired of Polaris playing catch-up though. Seems they're getting as bad as Arctic Cat. An Yamaha seems to be on another planet right now... not sure if I can say they build snowmobiles at this point in time.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Last year produciton sled? I've never heard that anywhere else. I am tired of Polaris playing catch-up though. Seems they're getting as bad as Arctic Cat. An Yamaha seems to be on another planet right now... not sure if I can say they build snowmobiles at this point in time.[/b]

Have you not seen the spy pics of the 08 ski-doos on here. Someone even had it as their avatar for a while. They look pretty different, kinda like the rev did when it first came out.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope. Guess I'll have to do some huntin'. But Polaris isn't that far behind in the design area, they did have the Fusion on the snow in 2002, but it simply wasn't available to the public until 2004 with the 2005 model. I guess they wanted to wait and see how Bombardier was going to do? Which I doubt... but... lol. Oh well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ski-Doo had the REV on the snow in 1998. I saw it, I even got to ride one. However, it wasn't available for purchase until 2003. Big deal!

They've had the REV II chassis on the snow for 2 years now. It takes at least a couple years of building, tweaking, and testing before something actually hits the showroom floor. They are developing things right now that us consumers won't see for another 5 years.. Oooohhhh!

Polaris and Cat and Yamaha all are doing the same thing. You seriously don't think the first one to roll off the assembly line is the first one they've built??

·
Registered
912 Posts
OK,OK,OK... so the 2008 Switchback will be available with the 700 HO and Clean Fire Injection, no less. :thumbsup:

Buuuuuuuut... it'll only have a 136" track. :bash: And even though I haven't seen it mentioned yet, I think the rider select steering has gone by by. :confused:

For me..the Switchback just took 1 step forward and 2 back.

ARGGG!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yah I was watching Snowmobiler TV the other day, and they were reviewing the '08 Rev-XP chassis on the ski doos, the CEO said that they've had the XPs in the works for a couple years now, and that just as the other companies are starting to catch up, they release the new chassis and leave the competition in the dust yet again, impressive I think, now that's how you do it

·
Registered
252 Posts
polaris will never catch up no matter how hard they try.are we all forgetting what company invented the snowmobile. BOMBARDIEH!!!!! i had 2 polaris's and i wouldn't buy another one with someone else's money. imo they will always be 2 steps behind,and yes as someone already mentioned they are comparing to the rev in all the write ups.the new chasis ski doo has introduced was not even mentioned. all polaris has been dooing is working hard to try and beat the rev chassis.here's an idea why don't they come up with their own ideas for a change.it looks to me they bought a rev parked it in their shop and added some different features and called it their own, they are saying its the new thing and top seller.what a bunch of B.S,they are still way behind imo. they better stick to building ATV'S. if this is the competition your talking about i really don't think bombardier has much to worry about.

·
Registered
361 Posts
polaris will never catch up no matter how hard they try.are we all forgetting what company invented the snowmobile. BOMBARDIEH!!!!! i had 2 polaris's and i wouldn't buy another one with someone else's money. imo they will always be 2 steps behind,and yes as someone already mentioned they are comparing to the rev in all the write ups.the new chasis ski doo has introduced was not even mentioned. all polaris has been dooing is working hard to try and beat the rev chassis.here's an idea why don't they come up with their own ideas for a change.it looks to me they bought a rev parked it in their shop and added some different features and called it their own, they are saying its the new thing and top seller.what a bunch of B.S,they are still way behind imo. they better stick to building ATV'S. if this is the competition your talking about i really don't think bombardier has much to worry about.[/b]
so right, competition is finally starting to catch up with the rev, now they introduce the revxp, they will always be two steps behind!

·
Registered
252 Posts
well in my honest opinion if they want to talk smack then at least they need to get their facts straight. that advertisment is the biggest false advertising i have ever seen.and what really makes me laugh is they realeased that pile of B.S after bombardier did theirs.did polaris honestly think noone would notice PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAASE. that just makes me hate polaris even more than i already did.we had a great polaris dealer near here,and he even dropped the poo name as he was sick of their crap.he was a poo dealer for years and if he dosn't beleive in their products,then i sure as hell won't be rushing out to buy one.as i said i had 2 poos and that is exactly what they were is poo. they were the biggest piles of junk i ever had the displeasure of riding. shame on you polaris for trying to sway people your way by misleading information,and reinventing a trimed up rev.i will admit bombardier has had some recent engine problems,but nothing compared to the engine trouble polaris had a few years ago.are we suposed to forget that. at least ski doo honours its warranty.my buddy had 1 of those bum engines polaris put out and to get his warranty almost had to involve a court room.and to me that is absolutly un exceptable.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I guess this could sum it all up ehh??

Just remember this slogan: Ski-Doo: There's NOTHING like it.

Snow4

·
Registered
252 Posts
ya thats right. hmmmmm let me think should i buy ski doo theres nothing like it ,, or should i buy polaris theres NO WAY OUT. lmao you said it all sled4

1 - 20 of 57 Posts