Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys!
What are the normal compression test readings for 1980's Yamahas - Enticer, Excel, 340's, etc.? Should i have at least 115-125 psi? Or lower 100 is fine?
Thanks!
Max

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Hey, guys!
What are the normal compression test readings for 1980's Yamahas - Enticer, Excel, 340's, etc.? Should i have at least 115-125 psi? Or lower 100 is fine?
Thanks!
Max[/b]
I am not sure. I do leakdown tests. better to determine condition of the rings and bore. welcome to SW. if you had a location in your controls , maybe someone close would help with the test. I would if you were near me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure. I do leakdown tests. better to determine condition of the rings and bore. welcome to SW. if you had a location in your controls , maybe someone close would help with the test. I would if you were near me.[/b]
Hey, dooman!
Thanks for kind words.
The problem is, that i am in process of buying a sled, so i cannot do leakdown test ''in the field''. Probably, a can carry my portable compressor and leakdown tester with me, but still, finding TDC, waiting for compressor to get the pressure, etc... You know... Then you at home - it's totally different:)
Still, question is open!

And yes, i gonna fix my profile information. I am from Toronto, ON, Canada.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to see around 120-125psi[/b]
ok, that's something. Thanks!
Why do i ask because compression readings can vary from engine state of tune. I don't know even comression ratio on those vintage sleds, i mean real ratio (from exhaust port closing), not the theoretical one. Thanks again!
Couple more opinions would be very appreciated.
Max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts