Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
This is an older sled with lots of critical electronics/wiring/relays that is getting to the age where they are no longer reliable. Replacement parts are extemely expensive, and they can be difficult to troubleshoot by anyone that's not an expert mechanic. The only way I would buy one of these would be with the plan of converting the injection to carbs. This could easily double the price you are paying for the sled.

I will say that when runnng, they run great. Very quick, tons of power. The only limiting factor would be the very stiff rear suspension (typical of sleds this age).

·
Registered
593 Posts
Please look at the following sled on ebay. I offered this guy $350 and he accepted. Kelley Blue Book lists retail at over $1100. Are 'light brakes' usually the brake shoes?

http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forum/index...c8e02a7f7dde157

Thanks for your advice,

Patrick[/b]
Light brakes are probably either bad pads or bad fluid. If you will be riding lots I would replace the fluid and the pads if the pads are glazed or worn.

+1 on what michahicks said. If its running fine now you can leave it but at the first signs of motor issues I would convert to carbs.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
run away

if Indy500 sure get it

but 650 or RXL RUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts