Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me which way to turn the control rod to get less pressure on the skis. The manual calls it transfer but I don't know which if increase means to the front or the back. I guess do I want more threads or less threads exposed to get less weight on the front end. Any help would be appreciated since I just switched from cat to yamaha and I am not sure how these suspensions work yet. (other than it bottoms out in the back real bad and it steers like a really heavy truck) thanks !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could anyone tell me which way to turn the control rod to get less pressure on the skis. The manual calls it transfer but I don't know which if increase means to the front or the back. I guess do I want more threads or less threads exposed to get less weight on the front end. Any help would be appreciated since I just switched from cat to yamaha and I am not sure how these suspensions work yet. (other than it bottoms out in the back real bad and it steers like a really heavy truck) thanks !![/b]
ski pressure is more controlled by the limiter stap and by frt spring preload than by the transfer rod length lengthening them will allow for more weight transfer during acceleration. Let out the frt limiter strap and more spring preload in the frt spring and more preload in the rear to help with the bottoming also go stiffer on the compression valving on the rear shock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ski pressure is more controlled by the limiter stap and by frt spring preload than by the transfer rod length lengthening them will allow for more weight transfer during acceleration. Let out the frt limiter strap and more spring preload in the frt spring and more preload in the rear to help with the bottoming also go stiffer on the compression valving on the rear shock[/b]
Well, after checking the limiter strap is as loose as it can be. I still don't quite understand the weight transfer. Please don't think that i'm an idiot but under acceleration does it transfer to the track or the skis?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, after checking the limiter strap is as loose as it can be. I still don't quite understand the weight transfer. Please don't think that i'm an idiot but under acceleration does it transfer to the track or the skis?[/b]
the rear should squat and the frt should lift the amount is controlled by transfer rod length and spring rate ie preload the frt shock and height are mostly ride and ski pressure think of it as a fulcrum point that the weight pivots on . putting more preload in the frt springs will put more to the back also. How much do you weigh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts