Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
I know of a guy that put a ETT suspention in a XLT Polaris and it works fine. I think the only trouble might be if you are a jumper it might stick and you might have to drill new holes for mounting. Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Catscratch, there is a company in North Mankato, MN  called Long Legs. It is a kit that converts your 8.5 travel suspensions to a rear-to-front coupled 11.5 long travel suspension for 299.99 plus 7.95 shipping and handling. The nunber is 507-625-1405 I got the add out of my snow Tech magazine.......

·
Registered
85 Posts
TSL stands for torque sensing link and has been standard on all ZR's since '97.  It gives you the longer travel of the newer style suspension (13 1/2")and the TSL keeps the track tension constant allowing you to run the track at 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" sag instead of 1" sag like you have to now.  This gives longer slide wear, better weight transfer, a better top end and no ratcheting.  You do not need the bent tunnel like the newer sleds have to install this suspension.  I have done at least six of these conversions and it works great.  Every one has been amazed at how much better it makes the sled ride, you won't be disappointed.  You can use any ZR suspension that is a '97 or newer.  The ZL suspension with the TSL has different geometry and mounting dimensions so my instructions will not work for that suspension.  You can buy used suspensions complete with fox shocks for $300-$400.  You can find them on the internet in places like snowmobileworld.com classifieds and on e-bay.  Many dealers have used parts also.  Installation is easy with only a drill, pop rivets and a die grinder with a cut off wheel as tools.  You need to add a sheet metal plate inside the tunnel where the front arm mounts and drill new mounting holes for the front and rear arms.  The whole process takes only a couple of hours with my detailed instructions.  It is a step by step procedure with all the required mounting dimensions.  I charge $20 for the instructions.  Mail me a check and I will e-mail them to you the day I receive the [email protected]

DLS Enterprises
525 Harbor Lane North
Plymouth, MN 55447

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since you are not using the ett tunnel what are the axle travel numbers,it can't be 13.5 since you need the ett to get that.Yes you will get more travel but it is closer to the 11 mark and it does ride better then the old fastrack skid but you get a higher center a gravity.I have done this to about 10 machines myself and it does work excellent.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your help guys.  I will have to try that.
Any suggestions for the front A-Arms, stiffer springs or longer shocks for more travel?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Your best option

Need more bite in the corners? Have a hunger for bumps, jumps and moguls? You won't believe how BLT™ just eats 'em up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts