Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best way to convert from AC oil to Amsoil?  Start filling anytime or evacuate the tank first?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm not for sure, but when I switched to Amsoil last season, I bought a cheap turkey baster and sucked out what was left of the old just to be safe.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know when I switched from the original AC oil to AC Extreme I just had to start adding the Extreme, I didn't have to empty the tank.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I made the switch last year. I just opened up the oil top, sucked out what i could get with a hose, and filled it up with AMS!!! no problems..  Just to be sure though, i let it ideal for a while to try and burn all the old stuff out, so it wasen't the pistions weren't getten a mixture or syn. and non-syn at a high RPM... Don't take apart your lines.. then you might have to bleed your oil pump.. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
When I switched to Amsoil, I just ran down the level of 'doo oil & filled it up with Amsoil.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
So does this mean all you guys are happy with AMSOIL??  Any problems or side effects?  How's it compare to BLUE MARBLE?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Amsoil is marvelous.  Simply run your current oil low and top it off with amsoil.  Just run the regualr amsoil injector oil, series 2000 is overkill.

My mechanic did several Ski-doo 800 twin piston recalls last year and noted that all of the engines that he did that ran amsoil had perfect cylinders.  All of the others had scrapping on the lower half of the cylinders.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I too used the turkey baster...then added the that sweet ruby red...still waiting to get some more miles on my sled before inspecting the power valves, but so far I'm very happy!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am going to switch to Amsoil this year and was wondering how to get it.  I don't think they carry it at dealerships do they??

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Go to their website www.amsoil.com & see if there is someone who sells it in your area. If nobody sells in your area, you can pay an annual fee to be a dealer. A couple of guys I know at work here, sell a bunch of oil in the fall & make enough to cover the fee.

They just do it themselves because nobody sells it where they live and know there's enough guys here that want it for their sleds.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
dooittoit, become a prefered customer for $20.00 per year and get the stuff at dealer cost.  Amsoil will ship directly to your house too.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
When I switched to amsoil last season, I didn't even bother with draining the old oil, I just filled it up to the top at every stop.  I read somewhere that it will mix with other oils, which is why I went the lazy way and just kept pouring in the amsoil.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I used a turkey baster once and man did that bird get mad......you should have no problem Amsoil is very forgiving with what it mixes with.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I switched to Klotz just by pulling the resivore and dumping it. Then filled it up with the good stuff. No problems after 500 miles.

·
Registered
404 Posts
What are others paying...last season I gave $100 for a case of 4 gallons shipped in,($25 a gallon) which seams about the going rate for the premium oils at the dealers.  That is the Amsoil Series 2000 racing oil.  I'm going to check into the dealer/customer preferred programs for next season and compare.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Run the level down until your indicator light comes on and just ad the amsoil. I switched in 2000 and no more smoke or smell

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I've read somewhere before that someone adjsuted their fuel pump because the oil is so thin...has anyone else done this?  WHat other adjustments are there?  Does anyone use their gear lubes also?  I had a customer who said the first thing he does with his trucks is pull all the factory fluids out (rearend, trans, radiator, etc) and replace them with AMSOIL.  The stuff almost sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
963 Posts
just added amsoil in my civic a month ago, and the engine run's more smoothely, the temperature droped about 20 degrees, more response from the engine, more top speed and got about 50 k's more on a fuel tank. I'm now running amsoil in everything (car, truck, dirt bike, 3 wheeler, snowmobile, lawnmoer, lawntractor, outboard motor, trimer.......)

P.S- I work at a dealer, so if anyone needs the oil, i will be glad to sell it to you. Snowmobilers price (My price)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts